Kap Chong R Us Member
secosteve
  • Contributor with future
  • 2star.gif
  • http://buriramexpats.com/

xx.gif

Visas
« on: Today at 11:34:58 AM »

Attended the I Mobile immigration office today for my 90 days and had an interesting chat with the officer there about Retirement and Marriage visas, he was a pleasant chap with a good command of English.

As most of us know from January 1st, 2019 many Embassy letters will not be accepted as proof of income, so I enquired what will be acceptable. He told me that proof of monthly income will not be accepted and that they are going to require the required amounts, according to what visa you apply for, in a Thai bank account. In respect of retirement the amount of 800,000 baht must be in the account for at least 90 days prior to application and for the marriage visa 400,000 baht for at least 60 days. He told me the reason for this is that the government want expats money to be circulated by the banks into the Thai economy, he did state however that discussions are still ongoing and this could change. He mentioned that recently someone applied for a visa with the required money only being in the account for one day and that after a call to his boss the visa was approved at a cost of 7,000 baht.

There may be others that have received different of similar information but it would be interesting to hear what you have heard or have been told.

Why would an IO drop a B20,000 back-hander to just B7,000 ?

And of course this statement was provided in a casual conversation about the future...:expressionless:

Of course, everyone has a tale to tell. ;;shocked;;

(Heck for 7000...I'd jump, heh Eanto.):smirk:

My wife did discuss the 'vanishing' embassy letter with the I.O. during our visit to Kap Choeng earlier this week. Apparently, the I.O.'s reply contained no substance although he was upbeat that a solution would found and told her not to worry about it. Anything else at this time is pure speculation and rumour. Wait and see.

Attended the I Mobile immigration office today for my 90 days and had an interesting chat with the officer there about Retirement and Marriage visas, he was a pleasant chap with a good command of English.

It looks like BI still haven't got the handle on "on-line 90 day reporting".

Why would an IO drop a B20,000 back-hander to just B7,000 ?

And of course this statement was provided in a casual conversation about the future...:expressionless:

Of course, everyone has a tale to tell. ;;shocked;;

(Heck for 7000...I'd jump, heh Eanto.):smirk:

Just because YOU didn’t hear it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

I have more than a dozen similar stories - and I trust the source.

Why would an IO drop a B20,000 back-hander to just B7,000 ?:expressionless:

Correct Co-Co.
So please explain why the 60% fire-sale discount ? @CO-CO .

Do you @CO-CO personally know anyone that has made a visa extension based on retirement without proper assets in place for under £200 to a corrupt IO ?
Or possibly know anyone caught in a reverse sting Immigration operation ?

secosteve
xx.gif

Visas
« on: Today at 11:34:58 AM »

As most of us know from January 1st, 2019 many Embassy letters will not be accepted as proof of income, so I enquired what will be acceptable. He told me that proof of monthly income will not be accepted and that they are going to require the required amounts, according to what visa you apply for, in a Thai bank account. In respect of retirement the amount of 800,000 baht must be in the account for at least 90 days prior to application and for the marriage visa 400,000 baht for at least 60 days. He told me the reason for this is that the government want expats money to be circulated by the banks into the Thai economy, he did state however that discussions are still ongoing and this could change. He mentioned that recently someone applied for a visa with the required money only being in the account for one day and that after a call to his boss the visa was approved at a cost of 7,000 baht.

There may be others that have received different of similar information but it would be interesting to hear what you have heard or have been told.

On re-reading the post possibly the story-relater was told of an expat applicant that had his own funds in the proper amount held in a Thai bank account but not for the required time period...and an IMM officer took a 7,000 backhander to move the extension through.

Previously I surmised that the IO had fronted the monies thereby the higher finance charge for backhander.

But who really knows what was discussed even under the best of circumstances considering it was a story related by an IO.
Maybe when the time really comes to make an extension the hand reaches out and the price goes up again.

Correct Co-Co.
So please explain why the 60% fire-sale discount ? @CO-CO .

Do you @CO-CO personally know anyone that has made a visa extension based on retirement without proper assets in place for under £200 to a corrupt IO ?
Or possibly know anyone caught in a reverse sting Immigration operation ?

Don't know, and no, not under £200.

But this guy had the money but not seasoned. A quick 7,000 Baht to save a later revisit is worth a punt.

My understanding a rank of captain or higher can waive extension condition such as time for money seasoning and its legal.

My understanding a rank of captain or higher can waive extension condition such as time for money seasoning and its legal.

It is probably in that damned "policy" document. But, that discretion must always be paid for.

Is that a tip though ? :rolleyes:

My take on the op and CO-CO is the people they are referring to had their own funds in they bank but did no meet the seasoning time of either 90 or 60 days so a captain legally waived the time limit for 7K. With time drawing to a close on the income affidavit look its going to be run leghorn run. As for an extension for retirement it's still 10k to 20k because you're borrowing funds. Locally there NO agents you deal direct. With crunch time approaching immigration has a booming business going for them I see a mobile service van at Lobision and Soi Kola. As for the tip bit..its not a tip its the price the market will bear.

Back