Drip watering equipment recommendations?

Stargazer

Surin Legend
As expected, we're running into water limitations as our farming expands. One way to get more bang for our water buck is drip rather than aerial irrigation.

In the USA, in Hawaii, I did this, and know all the equipment well. I used a lot of 1.25cm drip line with emitters built in every 45cm that emitted about 3 liters per hour.

In our situation, on some lines, it would be better to use a solid line with emitters inserted just where fruit trees are. In other cases, the above line would serve well. My experience has been that the individually inserted emitters are more prone to problems. My Thai relatives choose to either hand water (getting absurdly time consuming) or flooding small furrows. We're considering oscillating spray for an area to grow grass for water buffalo.

Can anyone comment on their results and favored equipment available locally (Do Home, Home Pro, Thai Wadsadhu)? We have a 1" PVC distribution line around the farming area fed by a pump from our lake with a pressure of about 35-40 PSI. Good practice would be to insert a particle filter at the pump.

Fence is to keep frogs in and catfish out. Fountain is incoming well water being aerated
IMG_1904.jpeg

As expected, we're running into water limitations as our farming expands. One way to get more bang for our water buck is drip rather than aerial irrigation.

In the USA, in Hawaii, I did this, and know all the equipment well. I used a lot of 1.25cm drip line with emitters built in every 45cm that emitted about 3 liters per hour.

In our situation, on some lines, it would be better to use a solid line with emitters inserted just where fruit trees are. In other cases, the above line would serve well. My experience has been that the individually inserted emitters are more prone to problems. My Thai relatives choose to either hand water (getting absurdly time consuming) or flooding small furrows. We're considering oscillating spray for an area to grow grass for water buffalo.

Can anyone comment on their results and favored equipment available locally (Do Home, Home Pro, Thai Wadsadhu)? We have a 1" PVC distribution line around the farming area fed by a pump from our lake with a pressure of about 35-40 PSI. Good practice would be to insert a particle filter at the pump.

Fence is to keep frogs in and catfish out. Fountain is incoming well water being aerated
View attachment 4674203062008191.jpgI've got a 50mm pvc around my dam as the 1" was almost useless with several sprays working at any one time. Your drip system might be ok on a 1". A filter would surely clog up quickly though.

Back