Driving Licences - Renewal

nomad97

Resident Geek
My wife went to the Surin Vehicle Licencing Center to renew her driving licence today. She was given directions to watch the 'driving video' and answer three questions from the comfort of her home. She returned to the house, watched the video, answered the questions (correctly), and was informed by the apk to return to the Licencing Center between 09.00 and 10.00 tomorrow. Then she will complete her tests, have her photo taken, and receive her new licence. Social distancing under Covid-19 applies.

My wife went to the Surin Vehicle Licencing Center to renew her driving licence today. She was given directions to watch the 'driving video' and answer three questions from the comfort of her home. She returned to the house, watched the video, answered the questions (correctly), and was informed by the apk to return to the Licencing Center between 09.00 and 10.00 tomorrow. Then she will complete her tests, have her photo taken, and receive her new licence. Social distancing under Covid-19 applies.

Maybe I'll get the boss to ask if I can do it from UK by a Line video call ???? She can give them a photo. It wouldn't surprise me.
Car irrelevant.

5 year car and bike license renewal update:

Went today to find out about watching the video at home (very busy)

LT: "Watch video at home only for Thais! You need to watch the video at Land Transport"

Me: "Ok, I'll watch it here then. Can I watch it now?"

LT: "No you need to make an appointment"

Me: "Ok, can I make an appointment?"

LT: "You need to download the app and make the appointment on the app"

Me: "Do you have a QR Code for the app" - I know that Thais love QR Codes now

LT: "No QR Code. Search for DLTSmartQueue"

The app gets a review score of 1.4 out of 5 - you can select English to sign up for an account, but after that everything is in Thai.

Girlfriend suggested we make the appointment at home. I insisted we sit down in LT and do it. She had to ask 3 times for help booking the appointment.

One more thing, I was not able to select the passport number option at signup, but my Thai ID card number worked fine.

5 year car and bike license renewal update:

Went today to find out about watching the video at home (very busy)

LT: "Watch video at home only for Thais! You need to watch the video at Land Transport"

Me: "Ok, I'll watch it here then. Can I watch it now?"

LT: "No you need to make an appointment"

Me: "Ok, can I make an appointment?"

LT: "You need to download the app and make the appointment on the app"

Me: "Do you have a QR Code for the app" - I know that Thais love QR Codes now

The app gets a review score of 1.4 out of 5 - you can select English to sign up for an account, but after that everything is in Thai.

Girlfriend suggested we make the appointment at home. I insisted we sit down in LT and do it. She had to ask 3 times for help booking the appointment.

One more thing, I was not able to select the passport number option at signup, but my Thai ID card number worked fine.

Same crap my wife is doing with the Prasat DLT.:rolleyes:

Arrived at Land Transport today at 11am as requested by the DLTDumbQ app

LT: "11am is e-Learning can you come back in 2 hours to watch the video?"

I did the reaction and colour blindness tests. They do a have a depth perception test machine, but it was not required. I had a go anyway and failed miserably

The video lasted 50 minutes in Thai with English subs. Followed by 5 minutes of "funny" bloopers from the video (no subs) Then the video started from the beginning and we watched the first 10 minutes again, or rather everybody got their phones out.

฿555 for 5 year car and ฿305 for a 5 year motor bike

A friend has just booked his appointment with Nang Rong......mid October. Told to go online and watch the video there. There were three questions at the end - presumably as a test that you actually watched the video.

A friend has just booked his appointment with Nang Rong......mid October. Told to go online and watch the video there. There were three questions at the end - presumably as a test that you actually watched the video.
The 3 questions are very important and have to be answered correctly. The video runs for nearly an hour and, after providing the answers to the 3 questions, do not forget to press the send or completion button. If you do not, you will have to sit through another hour of the video and repeat it all again. Complete the process as many times as necessary until you get it right. :D:D:D

Last edited:
Sisaket are saying this process is only applicable for people whose DL expired longer than a year ago. All others go to DL as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sisaket are saying this process is only applicable for people whose DL expired longer than a year ago. All others go to DL as before.

I could be wrong but isn't it a requirement that anyone who has a licence which has expired more than one year ago has to restart from scratch?

I could be wrong but isn't it a requirement that anyone who has a licence which has expired more than one year ago has to restart from scratch?
Yes, your right and after talking again to 'the messenger', he confirmed the above but said there was no indication about the app/home viewing as described by others.
Sorry, my mistake!

My wife did her license renewal the other day muggins here did her online test for her. It is very easy. You have to watch for the entire hour as the questions come up at random times to make sure your watching. If you miss one or like @nomad97 said, you forget to hit the completion and sign out with your ID number and license you will have to sit through an another hour. I could tell you the times the questions pops up and the answers but that would ruin all the fun.

I still do not believe them when they state "Speeding" is the number one cause of death and carnage. I believe it is alcohol.
Or are they dismissing alcohol if the cause was speeding while drunk?

Forgot to mention. You get a tick if you answer correctly. If you answer wrong STOP the video and start again as it just says you failed at the end of the video.

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/

My wife did her license renewal the other day muggins here did her online test for her. It is very easy. You have to watch for the entire hour as the questions come up at random times to make sure your watching. If you miss one or like @nomad97 said, you forget to hit the completion and sign out with your ID number and license you will have to sit through an another hour. I could tell you the times the questions pops up and the answers but that would ruin all the fun.

I still do not believe them when they state "Speeding" is the number one cause of death and carnage. I believe it is alcohol.
Or are they dismissing alcohol if the cause was speeding while drunk?

Forgot to mention. You get a tick if you answer correctly. If you answer wrong STOP the video and start again as it just says you failed at the end of the video.

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/

You can also do a license renewal at a driving education school and not have to use the motor registry people/building. Did mine that way last year at the place my daughter used for driver's education classes. Much more pleasant, with no crowds or wait times at all.

Back