electric shower heater

whoppr78

I don't know if this right catergory but been having cold showers forever.First I think because water from town weak but now I don't know.Some times I get hot water for a few a minutes and then it shuts off.The heater over 5 years old and by Thai standards it's out lived it's service by about 4 and as half years.So how would I check if it still works.Don't have any experience with these things.

I don't know if this right catergory but been having cold showers forever.First I think because water from town weak but now I don't know.Some times I get hot water for a few a minutes and then it shuts off.The heater over 5 years old and by Thai standards it's out lived it's service by about 4 and as half years.So how would I check if it still works.Don't have any experience with these things.

5 years is a good innings. Buy a new one, they are only 4000 baht.

Yeah mate, you can buy them for 2500 bt. I'd pay a lil bit extra if I were to call it a good one lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong GL. The last one you brought then was 3 years ago? Guess what mate, the quality you brought for 2500 bt back then has probably increased in price some what in that time. I purchased a couple only 2 days ago, there was nothing decent at that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a problem with ours after a couple of years. A local sparky fixed something inside and it has been fine since then. Now into its 7th year. They do need a reasonable water pressure to activate the heating process.

Don't get me wrong, sometime you get good for a low price BUT you have to find it. Just because we buy at a higher price does not guaranty its better.

No offence GL. But if your recent knowledge of product prices is 3 years old, you might wanna go and update yourself on current prices before you tell the forum what is, and what's not. Just a bit of advice mate.:D

Please ensure it is securely earth bonded and the correct electrical cable for the job. Many shower over here are only 3500watts but I would recommend a model with 6000w +.

i still see heaters for 2500. That does not mean i would buy another at that price. What I'm Saying is you don't have to buy at 4000, 5000, 6000 or more. I agree that the 4K unit should be a better value but that is no guaranty in itself.

Please ensure it is securely earth bonded and the correct electrical cable for the job. Many shower over here are only 3500watts but I would recommend a model with 6000w +.

you won't believe what happened after I looked at a few units and asked around and countless arguments with the missus about getting a pump I took apart the hose and found a loose screw and a dirty screen and problem fixed.Unbelievable and now been having hot showers for the last couple weeks.Thanks for all the advice.Some times I feel like a fool when things like this happens.But in my defense I have had zero experience with shower heaters and now I have a little experience.So if anybody wants some advice just give me a shout.

Good for you Whoppr78, that's the way to look at a problem. I was raised by parents that always tried to determine why something wasn't working correctly before they would spend the money to replace it new, and this logic has stayed with me pretty well also.

Glad you got it fixed, now take the wife out for a 1000 baht evening and you're still way ahead.

mario299:biggrin:

Back