Electrical Supply Outlet (wholesale)

Coffee

You chose a custom title
I'm looking at a home renovation which will include a change-out on full electric service panel, all wiring to appliances, fixtures and outlets.
The trick is I want to utilize my credit card for purchases and not cash.

Does anyone know an electrical supply outlet / shoppe that accepts credit cards (without a 3% service charge added) ?

I'm looking at a home renovation which will include a change-out on full electric service panel, all wiring to appliances, fixtures and outlets.

Does anyone know an electrical supply outlet / shoppe that accepts credit cards (without a 3% service charge added) ?

Is the card Thai? Or American?

Not that I would be able to answer either way but someone else may.

Is the card Thai? Or American?

Not that I would be able to answer either way but someone else may.

It's a credit card that is issued by Chase bank that unbelievably provides a better exchange rate in Thailand than the T.T. exchange rate...I'm stating within ten satang of posted XE.com rates.

The best electrical supply outlet I can think of is the one on the right heading into Surin from Big C, just after crossing the klong on Luck Muang Road, the aka the 226. Do they accept debit/credit cards? Sorry, I haven't a clue.

I held back from this advice because @Coffee specifically asked for credit card services. As I don't know if they take them. But the best and cheapest electrical shop and where the electricians all do their bulk business, is the shop on the corner near opposite the bus terminal driveway. The road that goes down to the railway station. They will get you anything in for a cheaper price, say you saw an item else where. I buy all my electrical gear from there if doing a large job.

PS Asking for no transaction fee is a bit rich as the traders are hit hard by the card companies. This is case in point why they don't like using them.
The credit card companies are destroying their own business model bit by bit and don't forget the outrageous interest rates if you choose that mode.
I have no idea how they have last yet so far.

I held back from this advice because @Coffee specifically asked for credit card services. As I don't know if they take them. But the best and cheapest electrical shop and where the electricians all do their bulk business, is the shop on the corner near opposite the bus terminal driveway. The road that goes down to the railway station. They will get you anything in for a cheaper price, say you saw an item else where. I buy all my electrical gear from there if doing a large job.

PS Asking for no transaction fee is a bit rich as the traders are hit hard by the card companies. This is case in point why they don't like using them.
The credit card companies are destroying their own business model bit by bit and don't forget the outrageous interest rates if you choose that mode.
I know the place well.

Rice, is that "Surin Preecha" electric supply shoppe near and same side of street as Kittung Coffee ?
If so, no credit cards, strictly cash as you wrote.

I haven't had a credit card for many years since I sent the last one back to Amex around 2004. 3% surcharge was excessive even in those days.

I have a credit card, a necessity, to pay for the many passports that Thai Widows & Expats undertake for friends and the like.. Haven't used a credit card for personal use since settling here 34 years ago. On the odd occasions that I have booked hotel accommodation online, I have used the Kasikorn Shopping card.

I have used the Kasikorn Shopping card.

I use the Kasikorn Shopping Card for virtually all online payments.

For major purchases in the larger stores I use my Kasikorn ATM card as a Visa debit card.

In participating outlets my wife uses the half-half system. I haven't a clue how that works.

Thank for your post @rob.doc the other day on the Air Conditioning thread...but alas that situation of "knowing a guy" was already remedied.

Cash is king, because nobody wants to pay the Visa/Mastercard fee charged the vendor by the bank. Thai Wadsadu sometimes will only charge 1 ½%. For me, the key is what the net price is. To qualify for 'retirement visa', most of us have a Thai bank account. I use Bangkok Bank, and their iPhone app makes. it easy to pay with no fee. (PEA also has a very good iPhone app, and will allow you to set up autodebit payment of your electric bill). Non-stores prefer green cash, and for that it's good to use a bank such as Schwab Bank that reimburses ATM fees, transfer money in using xe.com or another such service (as the Bangkok Bank transfer is a bad exchange rate deal).

Cash is king, because nobody wants to pay the Visa/Mastercard fee charged the vendor by the bank. Thai Wadsadu sometimes will only charge 1 ½%. For me, the key is what the net price is. To qualify for 'retirement visa', most of us have a Thai bank account. I use Bangkok Bank, and their iPhone app makes. it easy to pay with no fee. (PEA also has a very good iPhone app, and will allow you to set up autodebit payment of your electric bill). Non-stores prefer green cash, and for that it's good to use a bank such as Schwab Bank that reimburses ATM fees, transfer money in using xe.com or another such service (as the Bangkok Bank transfer is a bad exchange rate deal).
Welcome to the forum Mel.
Please post something in the intro section, so we get to know you, a little

Back