Electricaly operated gates

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
Does anybody have any idea how much does it cost for the equipment needed to operate
a typical front drive sliding gate?
The gate will be approx 5.4M x 1.5M

Does anybody have any idea how much does it cost for the equipment needed to operate

Mine cost me about 30k baht 10 years ago...they might be cheaper now though.

This link might give you some info, they are good products and easily installed. Can come with solar operating system. Might be able to order online, and should be less than $700 US, although I haven't priced lately.

http://www.mightymule.com/

mario299

Global House has everything! I saw the electrical mechanism and racks for motor on display in GH and a stack in boxes for approximately 19,000 to 20,000 Baht. Suitable for DIY. The display was at the internal entry to the tool section, turn towards the right after you enter GH.

Global House has everything! I saw the electrical mechanism and racks for motor on display in GH and a stack in boxes for approximately 19,000 to 20,000 Baht. Suitable for DIY. The display was at the internal entry to the tool section, turn towards the right after you enter GH.

The few I have seen are made in .

China
Italy
Thai
Korea
Jap
I think Thai or Jap could be a good way to go .(parts) Up to you.

Thanks for your replies gents.
Will be over in a couple of days and need to crack on with this job.

Nomad97 whereabouts is Global house?

Thanks for your replies gents.
Will be over in a couple of days and need to crack on with this job.

Nomad97 whereabouts is Global house?

There is also a place for gates located at the T Junction where you turn right towards Big C and left towards Thep Thani. It is directly across from the traffic light if you were to turn right towards Big C. There are a lot of gates out front and a sign that says they have the electric gate openers. Might be worth a try.

There is also a place for gates located at the T Junction where you turn right towards Big C and left towards Thep Thani. It is directly across from the traffic light if you were to turn right towards Big C. There are a lot of gates out front and a sign that says they have the electric gate openers. Might be worth a try.

I have used this place before and found that the they were not as friendly as I would have liked. However, if you turn left at the same junction, coming from Surin and turning left on to the 226, towards Thep Thani, the last 'workshop' on the left before the filling station is a metal workshop. They make canopies, security doors, fly-screens, Shera board fencing and anything else you may like. It is similar to the workshop Bear is talking about and opposite side of the road. However, I have found the guy in there to be really helpful and friendly and his prices are usually pretty good too - even if you are a farang! He has even repaired a fuel tank for my lawn mower for 20 Baht whereas a new tank cost in excess of 2,000 Baht. Back to the subject. A few months ago he said he could fit a new or modify an existing gate with electric remote opener for between 20,000 to 30,000 Baht, depending on the type of gate required. I have recommended this man to some friends and they have all been very pleased with his work and price.

I have used this place before and found that the they were not as friendly as I would have liked.

I did too! Ended up having to threaten him with legal action to get a motor and electrics returned after repairs were supposed to have been carried out and had paid for them...took more than 12 months after listening to every bit of bullshit imaginable from him.

Electric gates

You get them from Global for about 9000. Check has sensors in the box as i bought one about a month ago and no sensors. Took it back and checked 5 other boxes and none to be found. But hope this helps

Around 17,000Baht in total, for the whole works i checked it out the other day .

Also be careful if you have small children a lot of them are very powerful and can crush a child to death !

Agreed that it's always wise to be careful, but most..if not ALL..of the ones I have seen have safety features built in to prevent the crushing aspect you mention. If an object is detected, stop or reverse.

mario299

The one I bought years ago Italian brand ,I could not stop it from moving with all my power , I disconnected it as I had two very small kids . Just try to stop it once you fit it -- better safe than sorry .

Around 17,000Baht in total, for the whole works i checked it out the other day .

Where was this available? Interesting information. I might take a look, as would really like to make my gate electrically operated.

Where was this available? Interesting information. I might take a look, as would really like to make my gate electrically operated.

Bear it was at the new Global store in surin.

as you walk into the store turn right and you will see a stack of the electiric gate stock on a pallet, with prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
electric gates

I bought asliding gate opener from Global for about 9000 baht. Got it home and no sensors in box. Took it back and we checked 5 other boxes and all were missing the sensors. So check before you take away. But they are 9000 approx and then must buy the teeth bars for the motor to run on. They are about 250 baht each per metre. Hope this helps

Back