english speaking lawyer in surin/prasat

handyman24u

Does anyone know of a good english speaking lawyer in surin/prasat. I need to check on the ownership/mortgage arrangements for a property and it's associated land.
I've heard too many stories about falangs being asked to buy some land/property that turns out to be already owned by the family not to check it out.
This is my first post so please be gentle. If this info is already on the site I apologise. It's difficult to search/check from a smartphone.
Thanks

Does anyone know of a good english speaking lawyer in surin/prasat. I need to check on the ownership/mortgage arrangements for a property and it's associated land.
I've heard too many stories about falangs being asked to buy some land/property that turns out to be already owned by the family not to check it out.
This is my first post so please be gentle. If this info is already on the site I apologise. It's difficult to search/check from a smartphone.
Thanks

Welcome to SF Handy. Fleet is a nice part of the country. Know it well.
Maybe you would like to introduce yourself sometime (in THAT section of the forum)

Hi1

Mr Chalong is very good and based in Surin !
Also Sebastion is good but he's based in khorat .
Both of these have done lots for ME and my clients over the past 15 years .
Anyone needing phone number for Chalong pm
Me - Issan lawyers Sebastion has a banner on this forum .
Chalong will also have a banner web link soon on the forum !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the lawyer next to the Grand Apartments on two occasions. When I bought my home in Theep Thani I used him for the same reason you are looking for. I was afraid of the stories also so I hired him to check the title, go to closing with us and check all documents. He specializes in land law and was recommended to me by Martin at the Farang Connection. He did a great job and charged us only 3000 baht.
A few years later we bought an investment property from a local Surin bank and after the closing (which I should have hired him again for but didn't) we went to the property and the previous owners (it was a repossession) were still in it and refused to leave. I called him and he sued the bank for 10,000 baht per day. They got the people out quickly and the bank had to pay more than his fee so I came out ahead. The only problem is he speaks little English. Highly recommended though.

Mr Chalong is very good and bassed in Surin !
Also Sebastion is good but he's bassed in khorat .
Both of these have done lots for ME and my clients over the past 15 years .
Anyone needing phone number for Chalong pm
Me - Issan lawyers Sebastion has a banner on this forum .
Chalong will also have a banner web link soon on the forum !

Something fishy here...Bassed.......

Agreed would not use Chalong either.

lawyer in Surin

No problems with Mr. Chalong, did 2 good jobs and several free advices for me. Agree on a price before and it will be ok.

No problems with Mr. Chalong, did 2 good jobs and several free advices for me. Agree on a price before and it will be ok.

Chalong has done many jobs for me and also for at least 10 other people And clients I recommended him to all we're more than happy with his work .
He set up my company 14 years ago ish ,and at least 5 others I know of ,he's done tons of house leases and contracts for people all went perfect .
He agrees the price before he starts no hidden costs .
Also I know of a couple of friends who got into trouble and locked up ,he turned up 2 / 3 am in the morning and bailed them out of the cells .
So yes a couple of people have had misunderstandings BUT 99% were pleased with his work !make your own mind up .
Issan lawyers is also very good I know Sebs personally , but he is in Khorat .

Chalong has done many jobs for me and also for at least 10 other people And clients I recommended him to all we're more than happy with his work .
He set up my company 14 years ago ish ,and at least 5 others I know of ,he's done tons of house leases and contracts for people all went perfect .
Also I know of a couple of friends who got into trouble and locked up ,he turned up 2 / 3 am in the morning and bailed them out of the cells .
So yes a couple of people have had misunderstandings BUT 99% were pleased with his work !make your own mind up .

Absolutely correct AtB. The op, and indeed anyone else, must make up their own minds.

Chalong has, as we all know, many satisfied customers, but it is only fair to warn the op and others, that not everything Chalong has done has been correct and to his clients satisfaction. Being able to speak English is not enough!

Lying is not a misunderstanding.....

Ok well I will grantor Chalong to any members as he has done loads of work for me and my clients , as a say all and myself were more than satisfied !

There are two sides to all story's and Chalong is not here to defend himself !

No one is perfect all the time , but I will use him again as will all my clients and friends who have used him already !

If anyone wants an introduction please send me a pm .

Ok well I will grantor Chalong to any members as he has done loads of work for me and my clients , as a say all and myself were more than satisfied !

No one is perfect all the time , but I will use him again as will all my clients and friends who have used him already !

If anyone wants an introduction please send me a pm .

Alan I am delighted that your experience, and that of a few a others, has been good. Your introduction may serve to keep khun Chalong on his toes.

BUT, please don't try and defend him AT ALL. Let him try and defend why, on 3 occasions, when he was asked "are you a Notary Public" he answered "ÿes". No ifs or buts, he said, categorically, "YES".

He lied.

If that is a "misunderstanding" then I would hate to have a misunderstanding with my chanote or legal contract.

He is not a Notary Public which we only found out to our, and a clients, cost when documents were rejected in the UK.

Only when threatened with being reported to the Law Society of Thailand did he (eventually) pay our small claim for compensation.

Now, this is not to say that he will not do a good job for a client - we all can only speak as we find.

Alan - if you told me that you had over 9 years building houses in Thailand i would believe. If I later found out that this was false you would never work for me again and I would provide only negative 'recommendations'.

Last edited:

No mate. there's not two sides to this story. When i approached him as a potential client, he took the p1ss.

15000 baht he quoted me for the simplest of wills. A 2 minute job, that i know now i can do myself. I had been coming to Thailand long enough to know that he was trying to rip me off.

Thats right. 15000 baht, for basically saying:I leave all my stuff to my wife....

There was no misunderstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mate. there's not two sides to this story. When i approach him as a potential customer, he took the p1ss.

15000 baht he quoted me for the simplest of wills. A 2 minute job, that i know now i can do myself. I had been coming to Thailand long enough to know that he was being a *****.

Thats right. 15000 baht, for basically saying:I leave my entire estate, my money and stuff to my wife....

There was no misunderstanding.

Thai Widows & Expats would charge a fraction of that..... :biggrin:

Thai Widows & Expats would charge a fraction of that..... :biggrin:

It was a few years ago now mate. i ended up getting 2 done for around 3000 baht.

Are you still doing them, as i need to make some changes?

My wife had a Thai lawyer write a Will for her this past week (in Thai). The job was completed within a couple of days for 3,000 Baht. The lawyer is keeping one sealed copy of the Will and my wife has the other copy.

I am not touting for business for this guy - only informing you of an up to date cost for someone who lives in the area.

Back