Extending one's visa - When?

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I was overlistening to another conversation in Kab Choeng Immigration office today and heard the officer say that it was permissible to apply to extend your visa up to 45 days prior to the expiry of the previous extension. I was previously told that it was a maximum of 30 days, so I guess it's another change.

I was overlistening to another conversation in Kab Choeng Immigration office today and heard the officer say that it was permissible to apply to extend your visa up to 45 days prior to the expiry of the previous extension. I was previously told that it was a maximum of 30 days, so I guess it's another change.

Got Lost will no doubt be along shortly but I found this on Thai Visa from March:-

The rule is 30 days early. For Bangkok and a few other offices it is 45 days early.
It appears they count from the date you apply. So you should be able to it early and be OK.
If the under consideration period went beyond your permit to stay date then you would need a re-entry permit for those days.
The immigration office up here starts mine at the end of my permit to stay.

Got Lost will no doubt be along shortly but I found this on Thai Visa from March:-

The rule is 30 days early. For Bangkok and a few other offices it is 45 days early.
It appears they count from the date you apply. So you should be able to it early and be OK.
If the under consideration period went beyond your permit to stay date then you would need a re-entry permit for those days.
The immigration office up here starts mine at the end of my permit to stay.

Kap Choeng Immigration is in Division 4 Immigration which is all of Issan. Korat Immigration is the HQ of this area all rules are set by Korat. All immigration offices in issan are 45 days before aka KCI and FYI marriage extension DO NOT go to Bangkok for approval they go to Korat. 2 week turn around. So any new extension can be done 45 days before expiration at Kap Choeng Immigration.

The Farang in question was talking extension in respect of being married to a Thai.

What his situation is (and I may not have the exact dates here).

Let's say his extension expires on 25th August. He needs to travel overseas for 6 weeks from 25th July. He applies for his extension on 20th July which is within the 45 days. No doubt he will receive an "awaiting approval extension" of one month but at what date will this expire (25th August or 25th September)?

Give or take a day or two, I can't be arsed looking at the calendar.

The guy in question is not a member here.

The Farang in question was talking extension in respect of being married to a Thai.

What his situation is (and I may not have the exact dates here).

Let's say his extension expires on 25th August. He needs to travel overseas for 6 weeks from 25th July. He applies for his extension on 20th July which is within the 45 days. No doubt he will receive an "awaiting approval extension" of one month but at what date will this expire (25th August or 25th September)?

Give or take a day or two, I can't be arsed looking at the calendar.

The guy in question is not a member here.

Under consideration is from Aug 25 to Sept 25. He can get a re entry permit to protect his extension up to Sept 25 at which time he will have to report to KCI or lose his marriage extension.

BTW, Kab Choeng Immigration processed my extension and recorded my 90 day report 5 minutes quicker than the Kasikorn took to produce a letter. If the guy knew anything about multi-tasking, it would have been even 5 minutes quicker!

Back