Extension of Stay marriage

B

BanSriang

I'm due to make my 2nd annual extension on Oct 4. I don't really want to make more than one trip to Chok Chai and want to get it right. Anyone done this recently?

TM 7 is the correct form?

Will they accept pre-filled in form printed at home on two sheets or does it HAVE to be one form printed front & back?

Photo of wife & I in front of house required? Date stamp?

Map of directions to house? Anyone use Google Maps?

Oct 4 is a Monday. Is it OK to submit a few days early (Thurs/Fri)?

Appreciate any current experience, tips, clues. Thanks.

This is what you need Colin

Translated Immigration instructions re Visa Ext based on marriage

Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage / Documents needed:
Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm.
Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
Copy of passport ( with certified true copy ) 2 copy
Marriage Certificate 2 copy (Copy of marriage registration Papers (Kor Ror.3)
(Tabian Ban)Wife's house registration 2 copy
Wife's identity card 2 copy
Bank guarantee letter, signed by the bank manager, pick it up in the bank 1 day before
An updated Bank Book (updated on the same day as the bank guarantee paper),
Showing more than 400.000 (more than 3 month).
OR
Evidence of the male farangs monthly income of 40,000 Baht.
Embassy letter if originating outside Thailand.
Tax receipts if from within Thailand.
Photos x 3: Include you and your wife in front of the house, then 2 others in/around your house. Bring photos from your wedding as well, it may also be good.
PLUS MAP OF THE HOUSE ADDRESS.( Hand draw,not google map )
Copy of photo page, visa page and entry/permit to stay stamp page.
Add copy of TM6 departure card. (1 copy is enough) Just sign each copy that is what certification means.

3 to 5 Wife signs all of these and you also sign marriage certificate (it has your name on it).
(only one copy needed)
Need copies of bank book pages also signed. Best to get an update on the day you go to immigration.

Advice:

*Bring all originals you have with you just in case the officer would like to see them as well.
*The wife had to fill in 'back-up' papers in THAI

PS I would go one week early and you will have to return Korat in 30 days to get your passport stamped,then every 90 days ( 60 Days first time 30 days to Korat + 60 = 90 days ) to the Immigration AT Chong Chom to hand in your TH 47 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin
Thats quite a good list, I adapted it and used it too. I had no problem using a Google map with hand drawn directions but maybe best not to mention the Black Dog this time! jumpomg8

If its a help, I have a complete set of all docs that I successfully used and you are more than welcome to take a look at them all.

Dave & Sri

Thanks again Dave and Alan. Invaluable to minimize problems and frustration.

I saw plenty of that. Two guys really lost the plot. One threw ALL his toys out of the pram and stood yelling (not understood) at the lady serving him for about two minutes with his wife slapping him the whole time. He left. The other, spat his dummy, stood up and yelled "I am me" for about a minute until his serving lady fled the scene into a back room. He left. All followed by an embarrassed silence and the Thais smiling at each other. I guess they see too much of this and it does not help any of us.

Step 1....immediately take a number ticket from the machine (behind the entry door), press 1 for annual renewal.

My docs were done to the letter. Sorted, clipped and marked with stick-it notes... eg TM copy #1, TM copy 2 etc. But the paper shuffling is beyond belief. Soon it was 'no copy' of this or that (there was) and papers being handed back 'not need'...then asked for a minute later. Meanwhile, the wife was struggling to fill in given forms for couples with children or adopter's (we don't have), before being given the correct 3 page form. That has two sections, her information and yours. Your information will largely be a repeat of the TM 7 information.

N.B. Your wife needs to know your parents full names (can be in English or Thai) and how many brothers & sisters you have. Also need to know name and family name of your Pu Yai Ban (village), Gung Num (?) (Tambon) and Mayor (Amphur). There are students available (I think 100 Baht) to help wives that struggle with Thai to fill in documents.

Step 2. Take another ticket (press 1). Next counter with the well endowed Miss Dow. More shuffling, fill in something like another TM 7, a few more copies needed of this and that.

Probably won't effect many....but my Yellow Book registers me in Surin, the wife's Blue Book is Bangkok. I needed copies of her sister's Blue Book (Surin) and the wife's documents showing legal title to the land.

Finally the one month 'Under Consideration' stamp, to return to Khorat in a month. Note, if you purchase a multi-exit at this time, it is only valid for that month. Get a single if needed.

Two hours. We were 2nd in line being there at office opening (8:30 AM). Probably another 10-15 arrived while we were there.

Clearly the system is designed to make sure you will make more copies. I think this is just part of the office Xmas fund. You could take more copies of everything but you might get more shuffling till you do contribute.

FYI, Khun Dow said document copies go to the local Khorat HQ for approval, not Bangkok. She also said all the immigration heads have been re-shuffled and they are desperately trying to protect their own ass from Farangs in their jurisdiction giving problems, hence the demand for more hoops and information.

Again thanks. I hope others can contribute any new twists, turns or updates to keep this thread current.

Rule number one is never lose it in Immigration,smile,smile and smile again.What ever they ask just do with a smile.Some thing are just down right stupid but this is Thailand.Everywhere in the world you get 'jobs-worth's .I did ask Dow why she needed a hand written map of my house when I have a yellow book,I also pointed out that the local Policeman I had as a witness is happy that I live at that address as well as all the local Amphur Officials.When a Thai has a Blue house book they don't have to hand in a hand draw map,surely that's the reason for house books so you can prove were you live. Dow agreed with me but said that's what her boss wants,what can she do...:G
I can see it only getting worse and worse as more westerners come that don't realize the Thai culture about saving face and how you just can't scream at officials like you can in your home country....!!

Back