Farm Trailer

Wow. Nice job there Mahdam.
What do you calculate is the Gross Weight that your trailer can handle over rutted farmland ?

Wow. Nice job there Mahdam.
What do you calculate is the Gross Weight that your trailer can handle over rutted farmland ?
I am no engineer, but with the size of tractor that we have 2.5 tonnes would be enough.
It will easily cope with two hopper fulls of rice from the lage combine that we use, and that was our aim.

Nice trailer indeed, but I will have to critique it, as it does not have a tip function. I had mine built with this and has become invaluable tipping the rice at the mill and tipping the Kwai dung on the vegie patch in the dry season. The tip mechanism is a small detachable block and tackle.

Nice trailer indeed, but I will have to critique it, as it does not have a tip function. I had mine built with this and has become invaluable tipping the rice at the mill and tipping the Kwai dung on the vegie patch in the dry season. The tip mechanism is a small detachable block and tackle.
As this was our first attempt at doing something like this, we decided against having a tipping mechanism this time. All the sides drop, as well as the tailgate, so rice removal at the mill will not take long. When I get back in Oct we intend to build a tipping trailer with tractor operated hydraulics.

Where did you come by the axles? By the way great job
We bought two sets of front hubs from 4x4 Izusu's, and had them profesionaly welded onto heavy duty
3" tube. The rest we did ourseves.s Thanks for your comments.

Back