Final crackdown for border runners

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
BREAKING NEWS
Final crackdown for border runners - New strict Immigration regulation in force from today

BANGKOK: -- From today, foreign nationals residing in Thailand will no longer be able to exit and then re-enter the kingdom via a land border crossing in order to gain another 30 or 15 day stay in Thailand.

Thaivisa has been in contact with the Immigration Bureau who confirm the new regulation starts from today Saturday May 10, 2014.

This latest news follows reports from earlier in the week of an Immigration crackdown at the land border checkpoint in Ranong.

Non-Immigrant Visa or Tourist visa holders with remaining entries on their visa can exit and enter Thailand as before.

However, these new measures are targeting foreign visitors without a visa who are regularly entering and exiting the kingdom every 15 or 30 days as a way of extending their stay in Thailand.

From today visitors can only enter into Thailand via a land border once, after that they will be refused entry to the Kingdom and are advised to fly out and return with a visa obtained from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in a neighbouring country or overseas.

The Immigration Bureau has also confirmed to Thaivisa.com that further restrictions are to be enforced from August 12, 2014.

It is understood that the new regulation is to prohibit back-to-back border runners who stay for an extended time in the country without a proper visa from a Consulate or Embassy abroad or an extension of stay granted by the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.

With regards to the new restrictions on land border crossing, which as mentioned above are effective as of today, a number of Thaivisa members have confirmed to us that these restrictions are being enforced at the Mae Sai border crossing in Chiang Rai province, with some members commenting they are stranded at the border unable to enter Thailand.

Keep up to date with the very latest from Mae Sai here.

The reports from Mae Sai have also been confirmed to us by Khun Tony, Managing Director of Puchlee Travel Company in Chiang Mai, who is a minibus service operator from Chiang Mai to the Mae Sai border.

Thaivisa will publish any further updates on this visa story as an when we get them.
Subscribe to Thaivisa Newsletter with Breaking News updates here:
http://www.thaivisa....ter-signup.html

12th August further restrictions

Today the Immigration Bureau has posted the following notice, confirming the new regulations and upcoming changes to the regulations:

แนวทางปฏิบัติของ สตม.ในการตรวจคนเข้าเมืองของบุคคลสัญชาติเป้าหมาย เช่น เกาหลี ฯลฯ มีดังนี้

1.ห้ามมิให้ด่านชายแดนมีการอนุญาต Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run เพื่อให้ได้รับสิทธิในการอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรต่อเนื่องที่มิใช่เหตุผลเพื่อการ ท่องเที่ยว

2.กรณีเดินทางโดยอากาศยานหากตรวจพบว่าอาจเป็นการ Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run ให้ว่ากล่าวและแนะนำให้ผู้นั้นดำเนินการขอ Visa ให้ถูกต้องตามวัตถุประสงค์ของการเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร แล้วอนุโลมให้เข้า ตั้งแต่บัดนี้จนถึงวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 โดยทำเครื่องหมาย O-I ไว้บริเวณรอยตราประทับ และหลังจากวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 เป็นต้นไป หากเจ้าหน้าที่ตรวจพบเป็นการ Out-In ให้ปฏิเสธการเข้าเมืองผู้นั้น

หมายเหตุ หากผู้ปฏิบัติมีข้อสงสัยหรือพบปัญหาติดต่อ พล.ต.ต.ชิษณุพงศ์ ยุกตะทัต หรือ พล.ต.ต.ณัฐธร เพราะสุนทร รอง ผบช.สตม. แล้วแต่กรณี

-- thaivisa.com 2014-05-10

I've always thought that this should not be allowed. Any Government has the right to know who is in their country and what they're doing there.

Sadly, though, there will doubtless be Immigration officers who use this new rule to make a fast buck.

I've always thought that this should not be allowed. Any Government has the right to know who is in their country and what they're doing there.

Sadly, though, there will doubtless be Immigration officers who use this new rule to make a fast buck.

At some point I expect this to affect all land crossing including Chong Chom. I hope to have information soon.//flag

"The Immigration Bureau has also confirmed to Thaivisa.com that further restrictions are to be enforced from August 12, 2014."

The restrictions they have just imposed seem pretty restrictive and should eliminate all twice/month or monthly Border Runners. I had a friend who's income was insufficient for a retirement 'visa', and he was not married to a Thai. He survived on monthly runs. He left 4 years ago and set himself up in the Philippines and now only has to renew his visa once a year or so. What next In August? Lets hope they are not going to change the existing visa extensions based on retirement or marriage.

"The Immigration Bureau has also confirmed to Thaivisa.com that further restrictions are to be enforced from August 12, 2014."

The restrictions they have just imposed seem pretty restrictive and should eliminate all twice/month or monthly Border Runners. I had a friend who's income was insufficient for a retirement 'visa', and he was not married to a Thai. He survived on monthly runs. He left 4 years ago and set himself up in the Philippines and now only has to renew his visa once a year or so. What next In August? Lets hope they are not going to change the existing visa extensions based on retirement or marriage.

Nomad - this is not about people with visas and extensions - it is aimed at serial border runners getting back to back visa not required entries.

12th August further changes:-

Today the Immigration Bureau has posted the following notice, confirming the new regulations and upcoming changes to the regulations:

แนวทางปฏิบัติของ สตม.ในการตรวจคนเข้าเมืองของบุคคลสัญชาติเป้าหมาย เช่น เกาหลี ฯลฯ มีดังนี้

1.ห้าม มิให้ด่านชายแดนมีการอนุญาต Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run เพื่อให้ได้รับสิทธิในการอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรต่อเนื่องที่มิใช่เหตุผลเพื่อการ ท่องเที่ยว

2.กรณี เดินทางโดยอากาศยานหากตรวจพบว่าอาจเป็นการ Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run ให้ว่ากล่าวและแนะนำให้ผู้นั้นดำเนินการขอ Visa ให้ถูกต้องตามวัตถุประสงค์ของการเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร แล้วอนุโลมให้เข้า ตั้งแต่บัดนี้จนถึงวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 โดยทำเครื่องหมาย O-I ไว้บริเวณรอยตราประทับ และหลังจากวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 เป็นต้นไป หากเจ้าหน้าที่ตรวจพบเป็นการ Out-In ให้ปฏิเสธการเข้าเมืองผู้นั้น

หมาย เหตุ หากผู้ปฏิบัติมีข้อสงสัยหรือพบปัญหาติดต่อ พล.ต.ต.ชิษณุพงศ์ ยุกตะทัต หรือ พล.ต.ต.ณัฐธร เพราะสุนทร รอง ผบช.สตม. แล้วแต่กรณี

Thai Visa:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...t-immigration-regulation-in-force-from-today/

Back