Foreigners 'May Soon be Able to do 90-Day Reports at 7-Eleven Stores'

Going backwards again.........

"Under the new rules, changing one's visa status – for example, from a tourist visa to a retirement visa – can no longer be done in one day. The process will now take up to 21 days."

I'm all in favour of doing the 90-day report at a 7-11 store, presumably for a 10฿ fee or even higher. That would save most Surinites a wasted morning's drive to Kap Cheown and 500฿'s worth of diesel. With 4 reports a year that would save me nearly 2,000฿ per year and give me 4 extra mornings to lie in bed! Mind you, this could be bad news for M&D's - their share price may fall on the projected loss of earnings.

I'm all in favour of doing the 90-day report at a 7-11 store, presumably for a 10฿ fee or even higher. That would save most Surinites a wasted morning's drive to Kap Cheown and 500฿'s worth of diesel. With 4 reports a year that would save me nearly 2,000฿ per year and give me 4 extra mornings to lie in bed! Mind you, this could be bad news for M&D's - their share price may fall on the projected loss of earnings.

Never did rely on foreigners. The Thai community is more trust worthy. buttshake

Foreign residents of Thailand may in the future be able to do their 90-day reports at 7-Eleven stores, the chief of Chiang Mai's Immigration office said today

http://chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=4557

Chiang Mai City News over the past few months has lost all credibility on its reporting due to serious inadequacies and incompetency in its ability to translate accurate information. Aside from that a 10 baht service at all 7-11's is not a bad idea but at this time its only a dream from the head of CNX immigration and not the ministry in Bangkok.

Foreign residents of Thailand may in the future be able to do their 90-day reports at 7-Eleven stores, the chief of Chiang Mai's Immigration office said today

http://chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=4557

Yup. I'll believe it when I see it. These could just as easily be done in any city's police station by a secretary staffed by Immi with a small office/desk in a corner and a computer. In this day and age it is f**king simple. Time for these doofus buggers to get their heads out and get into the times.

Mike

Yup. I'll believe it when I see it. These could just as easily be done in any city's police station by a secretary staffed by Immi with a small office/desk in a corner and a computer. In this day and age it is f**king simple. Time for these doofus buggers to get their heads out and get into the times.

Mike

When-Pigs-Fly.gif

Why don't they do it by mail?

Never mind mail, it should be feasible to report online or by email.

It is already feasible to report online or by email and I understand reporting by mail is an option that is now available (again). But the trouble with these systems is maintaining an "audit trail". What happens when the inevitable happens and your 90-day report is not actioned to the Thai Immigration database? The next thing you know is when the 2,000฿ fine comes through your letterbox for not reporting every 90 days. At least with 7-11 they have a proven track record for collecting and paying other peoples bills, TV subscriptions and even providing NCA bus tickets. They have shop outlets all over the country for everyone's convenience, they have a nationwide, online computer system and they also provide an 'audit trail' for each and every transaction. It also provides a system for those who are not so computer literate or do not have a computer and who would have difficulty reporting online. All Immigration would need to do is to provide/issue a unique barcoded card to each farang, stating his name, address and passport number, etc. All you would need to do is to flash the barcoded card, something like a Big C or Tesco card, at your nearest 7-11, hand over 10฿ and bingo, 90-day report completed and receipt provided by 7-11 as proof of doing so. What could be easier?

Last edited:
It is already feasible to report online or by email and I understand reporting by mail is an option that is now available (again). But the trouble with these systems is maintaining an "audit trail". What happens when the inevitable happens and your 90-day report is not actioned to the Thai Immigration database? The next thing you know is when the 2,000฿ fine comes through your letterbox for not reporting every 90 days. At least with 7-11 they have a proven track record for collecting and paying other peoples bills, TV subscriptions and even providing NCA bus tickets. They have shop outlets all over the country for everyone's convenience, they have a nationwide, online computer system and they also provide an 'audit trail' for each and every transaction. It also provides a system for those who are not so computer literate or do not have a computer and who would have difficulty reporting online. All Immigration would need to do is to provide/issue a unique barcoded card to each farang, stating his name, address and passport number, etc. All you would need to do is to flash the barcoded card, something like a Big C or Tesco card, at your nearest 7-11, hand over 10฿ and bingo, 90-day report completed and receipt provided by 7-11 as proof of doing so. What could be easier?

If you send your 90 day report by register mail then that receipts is proof that it was sent and immigration does except it as such. No more excuses.T.I.C.

I wasn't criticising the suggestion of using 7-11s. I was wondering why people from Surin or Buriram couldn't use the mail. EMS is safe enough, and the PO requires a receipt from the addressee (interesting to see if you could use that to persuade immigration they had lost your form!). I did it by mail for a couple of years without any problem.

What could be easier ?

How about logging on to (a part of) the Thai immigration system, clicking on YES (for is your address still XXX

Back