Fuel Prices rise again

My sis-in-law is reaching the point of seriously considering retirement, she's been driving for many years and is in her sixties now. Anybody wanna buy her truck?
IMG_4914.JPG

Nearly a thousand bucks a fill up. Wow. Has her compensation been raised per haul? Is she a union trucker? I imagine many are in the same predicament with fuel inflation world wide.

Nearly a thousand bucks a fill up. Wow. Has her compensation been raised per haul? Is she a union trucker? I imagine many are in the same predicament with fuel inflation world wide.
She's non-union and is paid by miles driven...and yes, they have slightly increased pay to compensate somewhat. Never enough though. That's definitely not an easy life...I did it for a few years prior to coming to Thailand full-time and got the opportunity to see almost all of the USA from a truck window...entertaining, to say the least.

She's non-union and is paid by miles driven...and yes, they have slightly increased pay to compensate somewhat. Never enough though. That's definitely not an easy life...I did it for a few years prior to coming to Thailand full-time and got the opportunity to see almost all of the USA from a truck window...entertaining, to say the least.

Certainly some areas of the US are much more entertaining than others.

I surmise a lot depends on where and how one was raised.

I know some "big cities" can become a bit disconcerting to long-haul drivers that reside in suburban-country and rural environs...particularly sleeping in their 'cab".

I recall the name Reginald Denny and asked myself afterwards why any long or short-haul driver wouldn't own a firearm.
In those cases why anyone else wouldn't keep a licensed weapon in either their glovebox or under the seat.
(But that is a whole other subject.)

I know some "big cities" can become a bit disconcerting to long-haul drivers that reside in suburban-country and rural environs...particularly sleeping in their 'cab".

I recall the name Reginald Denny and asked myself afterwards why any long or short-haul driver wouldn't own a firearm.
In those cases why anyone else wouldn't keep a licensed weapon in either their glovebox or under the seat.
(But that is whole other subject.)
All of the trucking companies prohibit drivers from carrying guns in the cab, however I know a great many drivers that ignore what their companies say about carrying weapons. I never did carry a gun, but...

(But that is a whole other subject.)
Well, for long haul drivers some states do not allow you to cross state lines with a weapon in your possession. I know in Massachusetts you are supposed to stop at the nearest police station over the line and declare your gun, show your license to carry, etc. Not all states are open carry, even if you possess an FID card and a gun license from another state. Short hauls within the state would depend on if you have a legal license to carry.

All of the trucking companies prohibit drivers from carrying guns in the cab, however I know a great many drivers that ignore what their companies say about carrying weapons. I never did carry a gun, but...

Recalling thirty years back there used to be quite a few independent drivers and owner-operators.

Quite possibly that is no longer the case.
I understand the costs associated with those rigs.

Recalling thirty years back there used to be quite a few independent drivers and owner-operators.

Quite possibly that is no longer the case.
I understand the costs associated with those rigs.

I saw the fillum "Convoy" in 1979 in Evesham, Worcestershire.

Back