Good bread in Big C Prasat

When I m in Big C doing shopping early Mon/ Tues morning I usually buy the "Purple bread with walnut" or the "Olive bread" both v/good & also reduced/reasonable price.If they ve all sold out there s a new
one I ve tried "French (white) ball loaf which makes fanastic toast & only about B49 for the loaf.

I think that (and @nomad97 may back me up) the discounted bread was either baked the day before (if bought early) or baked the same day (if bought late).

Prior to a business meeting, I was in Big C Surin before 9am on Friday last. Obviously beat Nomad and Yorky to it as I was able to pick up a good supply of various discounted breads including purple, favoured by my wife. Also picked up a nice supply of discounted cakes etc for afternoon tea consumption:D

I have often seen purple bread in Big C but never bought it as I didn't know what the purple was.
Does anyone know?

Not BIG C Prasat but BIG C Buriram

Having picked up my son early this morning at Buriram airport he wanted to go to Big C. I went in with him with a view to looking at discounted bread and cakes.

Managed to buy quite a good assortment (totally different to that available in Surin) Also picked up a 1 litre bottle of Sabroso Extra Virgin Olive Oil for just 91bt (75% reduction) Hunted for more but alas only 1 bottle. Many Cadbury's chocolates and other chocolate reduced by 50%. All in all a good morning.

I have often seen purple bread in Big C but never bought it as I didn't know what the purple was.
Does anyone know?

I was told "potato"...possibly they meant taro or sweet potato.

I declined to purchase the bread. I can buy purple yams which are very nutritious.

On the recommendation of @westofhere we bought these frozen half baked rolls from Makro today. My wife tells me that they contain zero sugar but I cannot see where it says that.

Frozen rolls s.jpg

Back