Got my First 90 Day Rejection

DailyLunatic

Like the title says, I got my first rejection for a 90 Reporting.

Dear DAVID RANNE,

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

The data you submitted is not valid.

[Redacted Personal Information]

Kind regards.​

Pulled up the last reporting and compared it to the current one. The information (name, passport, dates, etc.) were identical.

Calling tomorrow to see what's up.

Track record reporting to Governments (Both US and Thai) is not good recently.

-sterling

Pulled up the last reporting and compared it to the current one. The information (name, passport, dates, etc.) were identical.

-sterling
The only thing I can think of is when they asked for "Visa Expiration Date" they meant "90 Day Reporting Due". (I gave them Visa Expiration Date)

-sterling

The only thing I can think of is when they asked for "Visa Expiration Date" they meant "90 Day Reporting Due". (I gave them Visa Expiration Date)

-sterling
Nope you are right. The date you place is the current allowed to stay till date. Normally if you place an error in the system on input it will not allow you to submit and error out at that stage. If you were allowed to submit something is definitely gone strange.

Nope you are right. The date you place is the current allowed to stay till date. Normally if you place an error in the system on input it will not allow you to submit and error out at that stage. If you were allowed to submit something is definitely gone strange.
Wife will be calling tomorrow.

I’ll update tomorrow. Otherwise, nice knowing you guys…

-sterling

-sterling
Where? Surin Immi?

-sterling
Same happened to me last April.
I had to end up going to Immigration in Surin.
I think I must have made a mistake.
Apparently even the smallest error will get it rejected.
And you can only do online again after you done it at immigration where the mistake will be rectified
Don't ask what the mistake was.
They will only shake there head.

Same happened to me last April.
I had to end up going to Immigration in Surin.
I think I must have made a mistake.
Apparently even the smallest error will get it rejected.
And you can only do online again after you done it at immigration where the mistake will be rectified
Don't ask what the mistake was.
They will only shake there head.
Living within 15-20 mins of Chonburi immi makes it a straight forward matter taking me
really no time to sort my 90 day, which is due again on the 18th of September.

Living within 15-20 mins of Chonburi immi makes it a straight forward matter taking me
Same here. 10 minute drive from the house. Easy to do. I've never used the internet version. Tried and it failed to work a few times. Just pop down and let the experts do it for me with my passport and any paperwork needed. Takes a half hour at most usually. And yes, I have driven from Surin to Kap Choeng to do it as well. Love having the Surin Immi so close to use these days.

Last edited:

I'm an hour out. Doable, but a real pain. We usually make an outing of it and stay the night, shop, eat Western foods, etc. anytime I need to go to immigration. This is unplanned and Mother-in-Law just knocked her head last night so not sure of immediate plans.

Wife's phone went off at 03:58 with her brother (lives next door) telling her that their mom had fallen and hit her head. Blood everywhere, can she come and help.

So far bleeding stopped and she has been taken to village hospital by 05:00. X-rays scheduled for 08:00 (09:45 and still waiting). Lump the size of a small lemon on the top/back of her head. We’ll know more later but she 'seems' coherent.

Slight delay in calling immigration until they sort things out at the hospital.

Bad enough for anyone. Particularly worrisome for a woman in her mid 90’s.

I’m operating on coffee and anxiety. She with an adrenaline chaser.

Where? Surin Immi?
Yes. I'm in Ban Ko Kaeo. A small village about an hour east of Surin. Other side of Samrong Thap. Surin is the nearest Immigration to me.

-sterling

Same here. 10 minute drive from the house. Easy to do. I've never used the internet version. Tried and it failed to work a few times. Just pop down and let the experts do it for me with my passport and any paperwork need. Takes a half hour at most usually. And yes, I have driven from Surin to Kap Choeng to do it as well. Love having the Surin Immi so close to use these days.
I have all my paperwork saved minus dates so, simple.
I always get a chuckle watching some dopey farangs turn up with no papers only to be told to fork off and do your papers.

Absolute waste of everybody's time (90 day reports in general and specifically you visiting Immigration).

I reluctantly HAD to go this week because the bastards make you do your first report, after returning to Thailand, in person.

I have all my paperwork saved minus dates so, simple.
I always get a chuckle watching some dopey farangs turn up with no papers only to be told to fork off and do your papers.

When I go to immigration, or any Thai government office I always bring a binder of three things.
1] Things I know I need,
2] Things I think I 'might' need,
3] Things I know I 'don't' need, but look sorta official.

-sterling

Absolute waste of everybody's time (90 day reports in general and specifically you visiting Immigration).

I reluctantly HAD to go this week because the bastards make you do your first report, after returning to Thailand, in person.
We always have a coffee at Tinnies on the way home, it's ok.
I agree the 90 day is a waste of time but, there's not much in LALA land that isn't.

We always have a coffee at Tinnies on the way home, it's ok.
I agree the 90 day is a waste of time but, there's not much in LALA land that isn't.

Tinnies is certainly worth a visit - and Immigration is not far away.

I think, perhaps like @Rice , I have allowed Immigration to get under my skin and I will avoid the Hell-hole that is Jomtien immigration. That said, the place has been cosmetically improved - and they offer free water. Not surprisingly the IO's are more interested in checking the regular stream of carrier bags, with 10,000's of Baht in, than their 'customers'.

Tinnies is certainly worth a visit - and Immigration is not far away.

I think, perhaps like @Rice , I have allowed Immigration to get under my skin and I will avoid the Hell-hole that is Jomtien immigration. That said, the place has been cosmetically improved - and they offer free water. Not surprisingly the IO's are more interested in checking the regular stream of carrier bags, with 10,000's of Baht in, than their 'customers'.
Da, Da Tovaritch !!.

Repeated calls to Immigration got nothing but busy signal all day.

Wife and I will call again Monday, but are planning a trip for Tuesday.

MiL X-ray we’re good. Sent home and we are to monitor for 24 hours. She seems in good spirits.

-sterling

Drove the almost hour to immigration this morning. Place was almost empty. Handed the lady the completed TM47. She pushed it away without looking, and asked for my passport. Meanwhile Wife is (presumably) explaining how we had reporting online, been rejected, and how there had been no answer for days on the telephone.

The lady explained that they had been having difficulties with online reporting, and the phones.

I pointed Wife to the displayed telephone number and told her to make a note of it. Turns out the number posted in Immagration is different that that posted on the website. Possibly a direct number.

In and out in less than 2 minutes and the lady never once glanced at the TM47 paperwork.

-sterling

Back