Green Terrace Surin

Really? That's too bad. I used to enjoy the GoodView years ago after it first opened. Had some decent Thai meals there and heard some good music there over the years with family and friends. Like many restaurants here in Thailand/Surin (and I include hotel restaurants here in this as well) that seem to go through chefs/cooks all the time, they were good some times, and not so good other times. The best places in my opinion are the ones that can find a good chef, and hang on to them. Consistency. I liked it there though. I wonder what will be going up there in its place.

Mike

We was just talkimg about GV the other week at your place mike, about the music, now it's being pulled down i hope to build another good view restaurant i liked the place it was the first restaurant we went to in surin about 6 years ago and liked it ever since then..

Surin is changing to quick i think i hope it don't lose it's charm, and become a town with loads of empty shop/houses like pattaya.

Well went there last night only just got a seat WOW this place is booming in the evenings ,and the food was great as was all the eye candy .
Very good place ,I will take picks next time .
There must of been 200 people eating and the service was great ,Thai food so didn't need it all to arrive at once but to say it was heaving the food came quick .
My first thoughts as we pulled up - wedding party ,but no just loads of people eating.
They have a small section of farang,ish foods .
10 out of 10 .
This is the in place in town at the mo ,I recognized a few business people I know with there family's and friends .
You can eat in or out under cover or not .
I will take my boys there this eve they might try some easy farang food as well -picks coming ,and they will be clear (I-phone)ThumbUp6

Your spot on again Joe ! :cool:

you were right the food was excellent and the eye candy a difinite plus.

Any recent reports of Green Terrace ?

My last visit was Cent's 'first retirement party' :smile::smile:

Is the food and service still good ?

Any recent reports of Green Terrace ?

My last visit was Cent's 'first retirement party' :smile::smile:

Is the food and service still good ?

Having been so impressed by the food and service at Cent's First Farewell, the Gorgeous Lek and I ventured back to the Green Terrace about a month later. Quite hard to get either of us into a restaurant when the best food is at our house!

In the interests of simplicity, I again decided on the Fish n' Chips, along with a Sang Som/Coke with one ice. The waitress, who shall remain anonymous and be referred to only as "the Little Lesbian" wrote down all of that, sent off the food order and proceeded to fill my glass with ice. A courteous reminder and the drink was delivered as requested.

Several minutes later, LL returned to the table due to mass confusion about my food order. Apparently, I had only dreamed that I ate Fish n' Chips when Mike left the city. Further discussion ensued between the GL and the LL. Eventually, a plate of heavily cooked smoked salmon arrived, accompanied by a bowl of French (Belgian) Fries. Nothing like what I had eaten previously.

At the same time, a second Sang Som/Coke was in order so I closely supervised the LL as she placed one ice cube (iceberg) into my glass, saying, "I know, I know!"

Well, the food tasted nothing like Fish n' Chips, so I decided to wash it down with a 3rd Sang Som/Coke which duly arrived as a glass of ice cubes with some Sang Som and a little Coke somewhere among the cubes. I had reached boiling point by this time and angrily despatched all but one of the ice blocks across the grassed area.

At about this time, the service manager and the LL excitedly discovered that Fish n' Chips was, after all, a menu item.

To sum up an otherwise long story:

1. I was in big sh.. with the GL for losing my cool.
2. Management convinced the GL that the fault with the order lay with the GL as, although she had ordered on my behalf in Thai, she had failed to actually point to the menu item.
3. My food cost was about double what it was intended to be.
4. The GL tells me we are not returning there, at least until Cent's next farewell.

Mam and I have been a couple of times since Cent's retirement party and had good food and good service.

Since then, the owner has opened a live music and food venue next door and another food outlet has opened just beyond that (and very good it is too!).

I get the impression that Green Terrace is not as cutting edge as it was. As we haven't actually eaten there for quite a while, I would not like to draw any conclusions about the quality of what's on offer.

Mam and I have been a couple of times since Cent's retirement party and had good food and good service.

Since then, the owner has opened a live music and food venue next door and another food outlet has opened just beyond that (and very good it is too!).

I get the impression that Green Terrace is not as cutting edge as it was. As we haven't actually eaten there for quite a while, I would not like to draw any conclusions about the quality of what's on offer.

Thanks John.

We are meeting another Thai/Farang couple in Surin at the weekend. Without wishing to put you on the spot (or holding you to any comment), what do you see as the best 3 choices?

If you have the time to respond please feel free to PM if you would prefer.

Number 1....without doubt....Betty....not sure how to write it. Top Thai-Chinese place in an arcade not far from the Tessabarn 1 entrance to Surin Plaza. There is a liquor store at the entrance to the arcade. Busy, no frills but great, great food.

Number 2....Pla Pim....large Thai place on the main drag from Ruamphaet, past the schools, through 5 way traffic lights, on the left before the khlong traffic lights. Large fish outside in the car park.

Number 3....a place on the khlong I don't even know the name of. I think your only chance of finding this one is to invite Mam and I to join you!

I take it, Coco, you are looking for Thai food.....

Mixed really John - the wives can eat Western food and the Farangs can eat Thai.

The Green Terrace fitted the bill based on my experience at Cents do.

Also, no issue in going to the Farang run places but I thought it was an opportunity to try something different.

If you want the best of both worlds, Coco, then you won't go far wrong with Green Terrace or Starbeams. My top three were based on the assumption you wanted Thai.
Try Betty's.....great stuff.

I eat at Green Terrace quite often. Always the same excellent food and service. No different than at Cent's party.

Thanks Joe.

I think Green Terrace reflects well on Surin and should provide a good impression for first time visitors.

I think if I avoid Bill's lesbian server (and Sangsom with ice) I should be OK... :smile:

Big bite is also a good choice , Thai Chinees style and western food , the Thai Chinees is best choice .
Eat in or out in the evening .

Big bite is also a good choice , Thai Chinees style and western food , the Thai Chinees is best choice .
Eat in or out in the evening .

If that was the one just down from soi Kola, we weren't impressed.

Back