Handy man 2

It does cost money to turn on your lights, of course (you get nowt for nowt), but the amount is minuscule.

The same applies to using the AC in the car, but they don't seem to apply the same logic to that?

I was once told (by someone much more knowledgeable than I) that full beam headlights increase fuel consumption by about 3% whereas aircon increases it by 15% when full on.

Yep, my drill. He's not going to have one is he? BTW can recommend Hitachi, he hasn't managed to kill it yet!
I continued to watch him and to my surprise the wife came out & stated that he didn't know what he was doing. I had said nothing, now I'm worried that she has been using some of that Thai 'black magic' & can read my thoughts, for years I believed that was all a load of bullshit, I need to be careful what I am thinking in future!

Unfortunately it's not just the Thai's Nick. There are plenty of numb skulls here in the UK that I'm sure have the same reasoning.
I've seen more cars/bikes at night here with no lights on, in a week than my previous 48 years in UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I continued to watch him and to my surprise the wife came out & stated that he didn't know what he was doing. I had said nothing, now I'm worried that she has been using some of that Thai 'black magic' & can read my thoughts, for years I believed that was all a load of bullshit, I need to be careful what I am thinking in future!

Quite right, Robert. You're living dangerously now if she's in tune. :openmouth:

I've seen more cars/bikes at night here with no lights on, in a week than my previous 48 years in UK.

I have to agree with that. Returning from Bkk on Sunday night, I counted eight motocys without rear lights between Buriram and Surin. Some had missing headlights too. They were all virtually invisible until the last moment. It worries me that there might have been others that I wasn't able to count... if you follow my line of thinking.

I have to agree with that. Returning from Bkk on Sunday night, I counted eight motocys without rear lights between Buriram and Surin. Some had missing headlights too. They were all virtually invisible until the last moment. It worries me that there might have been others that I wasn't able to count... if you follow my line of thinking.
I do, plus there are no laws about the use of blacked out window film here. It's mostly illegal in any sensible countries. I think that also may be one reason for the atrocious loss of life here on the roads.

I do, plus there are no laws about the use of blacked out window film here. It's mostly illegal in any sensible countries. I think that also may be one reason for the atrocious loss of life here on the roads.

In 2012 a new law was enacted in law that there be no more than 40 % tint allowed on any side or rear window.
None allowed on the windscreen except the top part the width of the vehicles sun visor.

I believe at the time it was about driver visibility, but about security forces viewing what you were doing.

When the Royal Family come through the countryside I can't see a thing through their windows...:sunglasses:
But then again they've got the road to themselves as it's been cleared in advance of their arrival and conveyence.

Lots of folk wearing sunglasses at night too. Funny that..

There is a slight tint in my side window glass but I wouldn't have anything stronger. And definately not that bloody strip on the top of the windscreen (the bottom of which is right in my eye line).

My brother-in-law (in UK) had one of those strips with names on the outside - "Trevor" and "Anybody".

I own neither a baseball cap (or any kind of headware) nor a pair of sunglasses. I did once have one of those clip-on pairs which came free with my reading glasses (Wtf?).

There is a slight tint in my side window glass but I wouldn't have anything stronger. And definately not that bloody strip on the top of the windscreen (the bottom of which is right in my eye line).

My brother-in-law (in UK) had one of those strips with names on the outside - "Trevor" and "Anybody".
The strip at the top of the windscreen is good news. However, I modified mine so that there is a semi circle cut out on the drivers side to give me a clear view of the road in front.

I wear sunglasses so none of the karaoke girls know which one I have my eyes on. :p

Back