Hat lek Border crossing.

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
Towards the end of a proposed trip to Vietnam and Cambodia in January. My Brother and I intend to cross back into Thailand at Hat Lek. He will be on a 30 day Visa waiver stamp issued at Swampy, I have a 1 year multi entry Non O. As I am unsure of the current situation on re entry do you think we will encounter any problems?

mahdam : are you going just the two of you ? There are some really nice chickenfarms just outside Koh Kong ...

mahdam : are you going just the two of you ? There are some really nice chickenfarms just outside Koh Kong ...
Yes just the two of us. Heard about these places before but "Chickened" out myself as I was alone on that trip, and understand they are a little out of town.
Any information would be gratefully received.

Yes just the two of us. Heard about these places before but "Chickened" out myself as I was alone on that trip, and understand they are a little out of town.
Any information would be gratefully received.

The road named "Chicken Farm Road" (yes it really is called that), is a bit of clue.

I recommend the tuk-tuk driver from the Dugout. (Maybe get him to take you to the sunset bar and wait for you. He will know where to go after that)

Indeed like CO-CO said mahdam, just make sure you have one dollarbills if you want to have a take away to pay for the motorcycle trip back ... the "farmhouses" are really funn if you have a few drinks there in the open ... I have spend many evenings just there buying drinks for a whole battery of chickens and having funn. Anyway I was always too drunk for enjoying a take away !!!!

I thought and maybe wrong, That back to back visa exempts at land boarder crossing resulted in a 15 day visa exempt not a fresh 30 day, Then only three were allowed in a row. I know this is not a problem in the OP question. But was this not all brought in to stop the visa boarder runners?

I thought and maybe wrong, That back to back visa exempts at land boarder crossing resulted in a 15 day visa exempt not a fresh 30 day, Then only three were allowed in a row. I know this is not a problem in the OP question. But was this not all brought in to stop the visa boarder runners?

Roo's only get a 15 day via exempt by land .:openmouth: All G 7 nations get 30 day visa exempt by land thats Germany, France, Italy,UK USA , Canada and Japan .:D You don't. :pAnd its only 1 back to back and red stamped as such at least at Chong Chom and its enforced.:p

Indeed like CO-CO said mahdam, just make sure you have one dollarbills if you want to have a take away to pay for the motorcycle trip back ... the "farmhouses" are really funn if you have a few drinks there in the open ... I have spend many evenings just there buying drinks for a whole battery of chickens and having funn. Anyway I was always too drunk for enjoying a take away !!!!

Could be a trip for 2016........

Discrimination against the culturally superior! As Surin suggests, just get a Multiple Entry, though that may be wasted on your brother if he is a mere tourist on holiday.

Finger Lickin' Good :smile:

Back