HMPO, Liverpool

Does anyone remember the circumstances a few years ago when a CD containing thousands of UK citizen's passport details was "lost" by a government official?

[Edit: I ask because during the last 20 months, HMPO have "lost" my initial notification that there was an error on my passport, have "lost" the instruction (by them) to pay my postage costs, and have "lost" a receipt for cost incurred in transferring data between old and new passports]

More grist to the IEC mill for you Yorky!

Does anyone remember the circumstances a few years ago when a CD containing thousands of UK citizen's passport details was "lost" by a government official?

[Edit: I ask because during the last 20 months, HMPO have "lost" my initial notification that there was an error on my passport, have "lost" the instruction (by them) to pay my postage costs, and have "lost" a receipt for cost incurred in transferring data between old and new passports]
Hardly surprising if you realise they are processing somewhere between 2-3 MILLION passports a year...maybe even more!

Hardly surprising if you realise they are processing somewhere between 2-3 MILLION passports a year...maybe even more!

Well, one must assume that they should be geared up to to that.

However, I have been dealing with the "complaints department" which also appears to be overstretched.

email to: <help@customerservice.hmpo.gov.uk> 08:12:23 22:04 UTC
cc: <iec@homeoffice.gov.uk>

"Dear Sirs,

It is Saturday morning again here and still no acknowledgement or response to my emails regarding reimbursement of full costs incurred by me as a consequence of HMPO issuing a passport with an error.

In case anyone has forgotten, I would summarise the situation again:

In early March 2022 I advised HMPO, London that my passport (No *********) had been issued with an error.

In July 2022 I was advised by HMPO, Liverpool to submit a new application and my previous cancelled passport (No *********) and keep the receipts for reimbursement should the error have been made by HMPO (who later agreed it was their error).

In August 2022 I posted the new application and my previous passport to HMPO Liverpool and then emailed the receipt (฿425.00).

In January 2023, HMPO advised that they would reimburse the cost of the postage directly. I did not receive reimbursement.

In May 2023 I arranged for the replacement passport to be collected from VFS, Bangkok (฿5,000.00) and subsequently requested Thailand Immigration to transfer the visa information to the replacement passport (฿500.00).

In July 2023 I was advised that HMPO, Liverpool had agreed to reimburse my costs amounting to ฿5,925.00.
cleardot.gif

In August 2023 I received a sum of ฿4,872.22 in respect of the ฿5,000.00 passport collection costs.

In October 2023 I received reimbursement for the cost of the postage from August 2022 (฿425.00).

The outstanding costs agreed to be reimbursed by HMPO amount to ฿627.78 and it will soon be 2024.

Would you please ensure that this email is passed to a senior representative of Customer Services Department.

Regards

[Yorky}

IEC Reference: 2023 - 405"

email from <help@customerservice.hmpo.gov.uk> 09:12:23 4:21 PM
to me
cc: <iec@homeoffice.gov.uk>

"Dear Mr [Yorky],

Thank you for your email regarding complaint reference POGR2/0911657/23.

The issue that you have raised has been passed to the relevant department who will investigate this and respond to you directly.

Regards,
His Majesty’s Passport Office"

FWIW, an email has been sent to HMPO senior officers today, requesting an urgent resolution to the outstanding expenses incurred, plus an ex-gratia sum to Khun Nong for the stress and frustration endured by her and Yorky because of HMPO's abject failure in providing the standard of service that is expected from them.

Back