Home for elderly family member

As I'm only interested in a quality home for a senior family member I decided to work with a local Isaan quality builder.

Once I toured some past projects such as this (pic below) I insisted on utilizing this contractor going forth.
It took many bottles of lao khao and a pack of cigs to get his worthwhile agreement.
20170210_092335.jpg

This contractor truly has a brilliant concept of blending different colour schemes and material patterns. Uplifting ,contemporary and gifted with a unique utilization of the surrounding fauna. Simply breathtaking !

As I'm only interested in a quality home for a senior family member I decided to work with a local Isaan quality builder.

Once I toured some past projects such as this (pic below) I insisted on utilizing this contractor going forth.
It took many bottles of lao khao and a pack of cigs to get his worthwhile agreement.
View attachment 15981

This contractor truly has a brilliant concept of blending different colour schemes and material patterns. Uplifting ,contemporary and gifted with a unique utilization of the surrounding fauna. Simply breathtaking !
That is the wifes late uncle's house!!

I always find these types of dwellings look more quaint in Black and White !

Capture_179.png

20170210_092658.jpg
The access drive is a bit difficult. Still best to employ alert security on-site to keep out immigrants, non-union workers, walkers wearing orange, concrete thieves or rock scavengers.

(I still haven't figured out what the concrete posts are for. Didn't notice any in the initial photo-plan. Surely can't be necessary for supporting a blue tarp.)

Give the height of the concrete post in relation to the worker .............

10862-65373419b7facd8e47ff0cc4d3cda946.jpg

I can only assume they are building an up stairs and a down stairs too.

When my wife's uncle got too old for being a monk and the orange brigade kicked him out,
He was dumped at my wife's mum's house and the poor old bugger lived out his days in the old rice shed.

That sounds very strange Feret. How many years was your wife's relative a monk at the wat ?

I have never read or heard of a good monk being thrown out of a wat due to old age. Usually they are well looked after until they die.

I have heard of monks being thrown out for misbehaving (drinking alcohol, playing lottery and fighting).

[Edit @ 9:07: remove apostrophe from years]

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds very strange Feret. How many years was your wife's relative a monk at the wat ?

I have never read or heard of a good monk being thrown out of a wat due to old age. Usually they are well looked after until they die.

I have heard of monks being thrown out for misbehaving (drinking alcohol, playing lottery and fighting).

[Edit @ 9:07: remove apostrophe from years]
May be the exception to the rule.
Pat said that he had been a monk for 40 years so, not sure.

'Not sure'. Think about it.

◇ If they threw monks out of wats for getting on in age there would be no old (geriatric) monks residing in wats throughout the Kingdom.

Note: A family rarely ever talks about the indescretion of a family member particularly one who have been thrown out of the monkhood.
(Strange in the above case that his sister wouldn't allow her brother to be cared for in her house.)

◇There is no exception to the rule. IMHO.

Back