Immigration Announces Permanent Residency Application Dates As 12 to 29 December 2017

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
ubonjoe[/paste:font]
  • Star Member
  • Global Moderators
  • 58,300 posts
Posted 1 minute ago

Announcement posted on immigration website yesterday December 12th 2017 here https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5a2f65816a9aa3c5de1b8498

Announcement title translated from Thai.

Notice of Immigration Bureau Application for residence in the Kingdom of Thailand for the year 2017

Announced dates and quotas are here in Thai: PR applications 2017.pdf

Download on the announcement is is a zip file that extracts to 15 PDF files. The first three relate to the quotas and/or dates of application. The remainder are the requirements in Thai and English along with application forms and etc.

Seems bloody stupid that most immigration announcements are in Thai, when they concern foreigners!!!

The rules have changed since you got PR Nick. You have to be fluent in Thai and be able to read and write to Matthayom 6 standard which is year 12.
So if you cannot read Thai you don't need to know as simple as that.

The rules have changed since you got PR Nick. You have to be fluent in Thai and be able to read and write to Matthayom 6 standard which is year 12.

What about singing the Thai National Anthem.:rolleyes:

What about singing the Thai National Anthem.:rolleyes:
That is only for citizenship after PR.

I read a lot of the documents all I can say is WOW! f**k putting yourself through that wringer. It just goes on and on. One part actually want to know if you can make children and if you can't , why not ?
Oh and just for anyone interested an application fee is 7,600 baht. If the application is approved, the fee for the residence permit is 191,400 baht. Where do they pull these strange numbers from ?
I only read them to see if the country quotas were listed somewhere. They are not. Maybe they are like Japan. The whole African continent has a quota of three persons per year.

My comment was about more than just PR. Most if not ALL immi notices are in Thai script.

That is only for citizenship after PR.

I read a lot of the documents all I can say is WOW! f**k putting yourself through that wringer. It just goes on and on. One part actually want to know if you can make children and if you can't , why not ?
Oh and just for anyone interested an application fee is 7,600 baht. If the application is approved, the fee for the residence permit is 191,400 baht. Where do they pull these strange numbers from ?
I only read them to see if the country quotas were listed somewhere. They are not. Maybe they are like Japan. The whole African continent has a quota of three persons per year.

I believe the country quotas are as they have been for the past 30 years and probably longer. 100 per country. Doubt any country ever gets anywhere near that each year

9q2ugcdwxo.gif
might be easier.

Back