Immigration on the watch for Dodge O

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Thai Immigration boss warns of fake extension stamps
xPolice_Colonel_Sakda_Chuenpakdee.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cAuUpudTBLsg2mcirJaJ.jpg

Immigration Bureau Commissioner Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee

BANGKOK:-- Today Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee, the Commissioner of The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau, has through Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, Deputy Commander of Investigations, requested Thaivisa.com to give the following warning to all foreigners in Thailand:

“Recently Immigration has found a number of passports with fake rubber stamps, as people are departing from the Kingdom.

Please be aware that there are agents and people who have sold fake visa extension stamps to unsuspecting foreigners.

Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.”

If you have any questions regarding extensions or using visa agents in Thailand, feel free to post in our dedicated visa forum located at: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

The example below is of a genuine extension stamp:
tv1.jpg
Be aware of fake extension stamps, says Immigration Commissioner

xtv1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.A3G7eBBy4SkI-dCi8YQu.jpg

thaivisa-news.png.pagespeed.ce.ASDmYCLRpFHift_kd1Vv.png

-- thaivisa.com 2014-10-03

Several people running scared at the moment.

One visa services shop in Pattaya has closed down and a couple of other 'visa agents' have gone low-key.

It does not go on to say what penalty is imposed on the holder of the fake stamp.
Is it deemed null and void and you have overstayed or what? In my opinion ignorance is not a plea. Example: "Sorry Officer I did not know that the I Phone I bought in the bar was stolen, just let me off please". Same as this fake stamp. I am having a rant because I know folks that do shit like this all the time, and get away with it, while the majority of us do the right thing.

It does not go on to say what penalty is imposed on the holder of the fake stamp.
Is it deemed null and void and you have overstayed or what? In my opinion ignorance is not a plea. Example: "Sorry Officer I did not know that the I Phone I bought in the bar was stolen, just let me off please". Same as this fake stamp. I am having a rant because I know folks that do shit like this all the time, and get away with it, while the majority of us do the right thing.

Such options always exist in Thailand and as long as they exist people will take advantage of them.

It would be much more inconvenient if all embassies/consulates enforced the same financial requirements for money in a Thai bank for visa's. Savanaket would lose out big time, I'm sure.

It would be much more inconvenient if all embassies/consulates enforced the same financial requirements for money in a Thai bank for visa's. Savanaket would lose out big time, I'm sure.

You have to be legally married to take advantage of Savanaket, Buddha does not count. And you can only get a single entry O for retirement good for 90 days.

Such options always exist in Thailand and as long as they exist people will take advantage of them.

True Co-Co. In my opinion it's fully up to the Thai Government to reign in on corruption and loopholes.
It is not up to the farangs to monitor as we are not citizens.

Those that feel that they can get away with something usually do and many who have fallen through the cracks must play the loopholes.
Example: How is it that foreigners distinctly without a Non-B IMM (work) visa and without a Thai work permit are permitted to work in Thailand for Thai Government institutions with the full knowledge of the Authority for those institutions ? shrug1

Every country has issues and it is up to that country to take care of those issues - not foreigners residing in that country.

Personally , I'll play by the rules as the law is written and enforced with or without a Thai lawyer.

Back