INDONESIA: Visa-free travel

Yorky

Fullritis Member
JAKARTA: -- In a bid to boost tourism, Indonesian President Joko Widodo on Tuesday signed the presidential regulation on visa-free travel for citizens from 45 countries, The Jakarta Globe reported.

The complete list of visa-free states and territories is now:

Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Chile, Morocco, Peru, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Macau, China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, United States, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and South Africa.

Australians, the third-largest group of foreign visitors after Singaporeans and Malaysians, will still need a visa to enter the country, although tourists can buy one on arrival.

Australians, the third-largest group of foreign visitors after Singaporeans and Malaysians, will still need a visa to enter the country, although tourists can buy one on arrival.

They did not want to kill that cash cow! US$ 35 per person.

ASEAN was already exempt.

Thought they did it right before, but now we have been ripped off big time.

How come the US is now on the list and Australia is not? Even the sheep shaggers are exempt.

^^^ Possibly because of the diplomatic row caused by the execution of two Aussie heroin drug trafficers by Indonesia six weeks ago.
Bump1

Also possibly that since Aussies are a huge tourist group in Indonesia the authorities want to keep close tabs on who they are and where they are...ShitHappens1

^^^ Possibly because of the diplomatic row caused by the execution of two Aussie heroin drug trafficers by Indonesia six weeks ago.
Bump1

Also possibly that since Aussies are a huge tourist group in Indonesia the authorities want to keep close tabs on who they are and where they are...ShitHappens1

Took the word out of my mouth..LMAO1

I have been involved with trans Australian Indonesian politics.
I can tell you right now. What you see on the surface does not reflect in any way deeper politics. The recent posturing would have nil effect on the deeper.

It is all to do with money, hard cash received from Australian tourists.

I have been involved with trans Australian Indonesian politics.
I can tell you right now. What you see on the surface does not reflect in any way deeper politics. The recent posturing would have nil effect on the deeper.

It is all to do with money, hard cash received from Australian tourists.

Maybe they need the money to pay for the execution of our drug runners!

Considering $605 million this year alone in aid money sent from Australia I struggle with the question of why ???
Regional politics must be very expensive, personally I have not been to Indonesia since 2000 and honestly have no intention of returning

worth considering...

Considering $605 million this year alone in aid money sent from Australia I struggle with the question of why ???
Regional politics must be very expensive, personally I have not been to Indonesia since 2000 and honestly have no intention of returning

..."money never buys true love."

Well worth considering, Scott...simple and illuminating. Good post.

How do you think American taxpayers feel about the aid (in Billions USD) paid out to Afghanistan and Iraq "to promote democracy" and Pakistan for "assisting in the fight to capture Bin Laden".

Surely drones with messages of love would have had almost the same effect.
{Note: My sarcasm regarding drones is betwixt somewhat misplaced anf truth.}

on an other note...

...is it true that Australia charges Indonesians a 'Visa-fee' upon obtaining a visa to travel to and enter Australia ?

...is it true that Australia charges Indonesians a 'Visa-fee' upon obtaining a visa to travel to and enter Australia ?

All countries not on the eVisa list have to apply for a $130 AUD Visa before travel.

Indonesia is not on that list. But then again we don't get many tourists from Indonesia.

The list for eVisa is
Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong (SAR of China)
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Monaco
Norway
Portugal
Republic of San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan*
The Netherlands
United Kingdom—British Citizen
United Kingdom—British National (Overseas)
United States
Vatican City.

Up to 2011 Indonesia used to charge it's own citizens an exit tax of 250 USD.
How would you like that one?

"Is it true"...who stated that to start with or was that just the way you presented an excuse/reason, Coffee?

"Is it true"...who stated that to start with or was that just the way you presented an excuse/reason, Coffee?

Good question Surin, but we know what the answer is.

Only true reciprocity in immigration exists where countries are economicaly equal or better.

Exception to this rule are around. Like the dropping of pre visa requirements for Thais to Japan. My guess this will not last long though.

Yesterday on the Teak Door Forum a poster with just under 18,000 posts by the name of Terry (who claims to be from Australia) posted it in their Indonesia Forum regarding the topic of Visa Waiver.

No Moderator or any other poster challenged his assertion. As I'm not Australian I would not have a clue.

So my "On an other note ...is it true that..." was based on that information provided from another well-known forum.

Specifically Surin , do you have a problem with my line of reasoning or do you feel that my inquiry was put forth with a complete lack of any thoughtful prior intelligence ? Pray tell, sir. shrug1

Yesterday on the Teak Door Forum a poster with just under 18,000 posts by the name of Terry (who claims to be from Australia) posted it in their Indonesia Forum regarding the topic of Visa Waiver.

No Moderator or any other poster challenged his assertion. As I'm not Australian I would not have a clue.

So my "On an other note ...is it true that..." was based on that information provided from another well-known forum.

Specifically Surin , do you have a problem with my line of reasoning or do you feel that my inquiry was put forth with a complete lack of any thoughtful prior intelligence ? Pray tell, sir. shrug1

Not at all Coffee...innuendo and rumours are often started by someone pulling out of their arse. "Did you hear/Someone said and Is it true", to start up a thread and then give their thoughts on the matter. Being an Australian, writing on Teak Door MUST give that writer credibility, one would imagine.

Not at all Coffee...innuendo and rumours are often started by someone pulling out of their arse. "Did you hear/Someone said and Is it true", to start up a thread and then give their thoughts on the matter.

Think1 Quite true. Seen it quite often on a few forums. Agreed1

JAKARTA: -- In a bid to boost tourism, Indonesian President Joko Widodo on Tuesday signed the presidential regulation on visa-free travel for citizens from 45 countries, The Jakarta Globe reported.

The complete list of visa-free states and territories is now:

Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Chile, Morocco, Peru, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Macau, China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, United States, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and South Africa.

I landed in Bali on Wednesday 10th June and as a UK passport holder I was charged 35 $

Back