International Land Border Crossing.

:rolleyes: Nice thread for our Sisaket members to contemplate.

(Is that your point, GL ?) :cool:

Buriram has an international border crossing for farangs traveling throughout Cambodia ?

Buriram has an international border crossing for farangs traveling throughout Cambodia ?

No they DO NOT. There was a local crossing that was used for smuggling of contraband into Thailand from Cambodia that was used and the faring would get caught out by Thai Customs then the Thai army closed it.;;haha;;;;bad simle;;;;shame;;;;victory;;

At the moment it's only Chon Sang Nam. Another border crossing is in Kantharalak but only for the Thailocals, there is the rumor about change soon tht farang can go to.

At the moment it's only Chon Sang Nam. Another border crossing is in Kantharalak but only for the Thailocals, there is the rumor about change soon tht farang can go to.

Only rumors as neither side has the money or kit for staffing and transportation. Also that area is full of landlines and has never been cleared out. But then again keep sending the illegal loggers from both sides in there and the numbers of mines will keep dropping.

Side note: That I'm aware of.. There are 4 border crossing south of Poipet on the Thai/Cambodia border. These were local but made international with minimum outlay. They all allow border hopes, foot and motorbike traffic and I thank two allow private cars. They are at GPS 13.4324262767, 102.357143137 13.2223381144, 102.379686424 12.9269121072, 102.493714123 and 12.5465664682, 102.682427585 . To my knowledge none are heavily used. There is one more north of Poipet at 13.9873187786, 102.847630219 that is schedule to go international but as of now no update.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Despite the wording, that website is NOT an official website for the Thai embassy.

I recall quoting from that site in the past and getting shot down by UbonJoe on Thai Visa.

Not saying Ivor's information is incorrect but I would like to see it from an 'official' source.

From my knowledge it is still 30 days by land at local crossing. Remember the pedophilia last month that used CC from Cambodia 30 day visa exempt.:eek::rolleyes:

I love this one.

10. Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General have the authority to issue visas to foreigners for travel to Thailand. The authority to permit entry and stay in Thailand, however, is with the immigration officers. In some cases, the immigration officer may not permit foreigner holding a valid visa entry into Thailand should the immigration officer find reason to believe that he or she falls into the category of aliens prohibited from entering Thailand under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979). :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remember we are only talking about VOA not visa exempt. I don't think there is too many on this forum that VOA would apply to.
Andorra Bhutan Bulgaria China
Taiwan Cyprus Ethiopia India
Kazakhstan Latvia Lithuania Maldives
Malta Mauritius Romania San marino
Saudi Arabia Ukraine Uzbekistan

Bye the way GL. Is that latest news, news flash 5 years old? I think it is.

Remember we are only talking about VOA not visa exempt. I don't think there is too many on this forum that VOA would apply to.
Andorra Bhutan Bulgaria China
Taiwan Cyprus Ethiopia India
Kazakhstan Latvia Lithuania Maldives
Malta Mauritius Romania San marino
Saudi Arabia Ukraine Uzbekistan

Bye the way GL. Is that latest news, news flash 5 years old? I think it is.

That website is a PRIVATE RIP OFF SITE. and no it is talking about visa exempt.:D:D

Back