Japanese Buffet (or a la carte if you prefer) at Shinchoku

Merlin

You chose a custom title
We've had several buffet dinners and lunches at the excellent Shinchoku Japanese Restaurant. Very good menus (see below) with everything beautifully presented.

At 399 Baht per person, it represents good value for money as you can order as many dishes as you wish, and add to those if you would like others later.

The staff are very friendly, and give very good service. When busy, the first dishes might take a few minutes to arrive, but you'll be amazed as you'll then be served dish after dish in a stream of wonderful food.

Way beyond the norm was a recent example of customer care from them: I'd bought a new tax disk for the car that afternoon, and went to this restaurant for dinner afterwards. The disk had been left on top of the car's dashboard. At least two weeks later, I returned to Shinchoku with our kids, my wife having travelled to Bangkok. As we sat down, our waitress greeted me with a smile - and the tax disk which must have blown out of the car door on our previous visit. (When we spoke about it later, my wife and I each thought that the other had secured the disk on the windscreen - tinted film making it almost invisible!)

Definitely 5* from us.

They have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Shinchokuu/ with plenty of photos, but the map shows their location incorrectly!!!

They ARE on Suriyakan Alley as the map says, but not near the Orchard.

Find them here instead:

upload_2018-4-16_14-12-53.png

10962092_1510065745898830_1878677090_n.jpg

10968322_444252185722021_6546168791731190572_n.jpg

Is this the one diagonally across from the Cafe Italia coffee shop? Just down from Tawan Dang? That would be where the Hakuzou originally was located before they moved to the klong road and then to their present place.

We've had several buffet dinners and lunches at the excellent Shinchoku Japanese Restaurant. Very good menus (see below) with everything beautifully presented.

At 399 Baht per person, it represents good value for money as you can order as many dishes as you wish, and add to those if you would like others later.

The staff are very friendly, and give very good service. When busy, the first dishes might take a few minutes to arrive, but you'll be amazed as you'll then be served dish after dish in a stream of wonderful food.

Way beyond the norm was a recent example of customer care from them: I'd bought a new tax disk for the car that afternoon, and went to this restaurant for dinner afterwards. The disk had been left on top of the car's dashboard. At least two weeks later, I returned to Shinchoku with our kids, my wife having travelled to Bangkok. As we sat down, our waitress greeted me with a smile - and the tax disk which must have blown out of the car door on our previous visit. (When we spoke about it later, my wife and I each thought that the other had secured the disk on the windscreen - tinted film making it almost invisible!)

Definitely 5* from us.

They have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Shinchokuu/ with plenty of photos, but the map shows their location incorrectly!!!

They ARE on Suriyakan Alley as the map says, but not near the Orchard.

Find them here instead:

View attachment 21168

10962092_1510065745898830_1878677090_n.jpg

10968322_444252185722021_6546168791731190572_n.jpg

Is this the one diagonally across from the Cafe Italia coffee shop? Just down from Tawan Dang? That would be where the Hakuzou originally was located before they moved to the klong road and then to their present place.

I believe that it is. I don't know for how long the Shinchoku has been there - we've been eating there for the last 4 months or more. The only drawback that I can see is the limited parking - roadside only, which could mean a minute or two's walk if they're full, though we've managed to park right outside every time we've been, so far! We used to live near the owner of the Hakuzow who said she moved away from that location as the building was too small and had insufficient parking for their expansion plans at that time. Having been to the larger Hakuzow on several occasions too, I'm sure she was correct, though it shouldn't put any potential diners at the Shinchoku off trying them at least once.

There used to be a very small parking area to the right of the building before when I was going there years ago when Hakuzou was originally there.

The menu gives a true description in Thai of what it is. Very interesting as I have had little experience with Japanese cuisine.. Reading the Thai is very interesting indeed and have learnt some new words.
On restaurant parking Thais do not like even the short walk and will shun a place without car parking. I have seen many make this mistake and fail. Specially when someone gets a very visible and busy traffic location, they think they are on a winner. But if there is no where to pull in, they are forked. They just don't get it.

Back