Kapchoeng Adventure Begins

H

humbert

Last week I tried to extend my retirement visa in Pattaya. I did all my 90 days there because I was in the area a lot for my wife's business and it was convenient. The official told me I had to do the extension in Kap Choeng. I am using an embassy letter and I have my bank statements showing monthly entries from US Social Security as back up.
I hope they don't throw me any curve balls. I hear their operation is a bit rogue.

Have a look at the thread on a well known thai forum....

Thread title ....
Retirement extension at Kap Cheurn,Surin

I have heard similar stories. I will bring my wife and let her work her charms. If all else fails I will have to use grease.

Last week I tried to extend my retirement visa in Pattaya. I did all my 90 days there because I was in the area a lot for my wife's business and it was convenient. The official told me I had to do the extension in Kap Choeng. I am using an embassy letter and I have my bank statements showing monthly entries from US Social Security as back up.
I hope they don't throw me any curve balls. I hear their operation is a bit rogue.

If your embassy letter is less than 6 months and shows 65k plus per month plus you have a local Surin or Buriram address you will have no problem. If you have time stop by for a chat at M&D Coffee just down the road from KCI.ThumbUp6

I have heard similar stories. I will bring my wife and let her work her charms. If all else fails I will have to use grease.

Good luck mate, I have my own horror story, I also took my wife.

Personally I would not take your wife for a retirement extension for marriage you have no choice.

It was a breeze. No problems at all. Embassy letter, a copy of my bank statement and an hour later a new visa. Took more time than necessary because the officers were constantly chatting with one another.

They did not allow me to use the completed and printed form TM7. I had to complete one long hand and my wife had to fill out a Thai language copy. So having her along was a necessity.

Tipped the girl at the reception desk 200 baht for helping my wife fill out her form.

It was a breeze. No problems at all. Embassy letter, a copy of my bank statement and an hour later a new visa. Took more time than necessary because the officers were constantly chatting with one another.

They did not allow me to use the completed and printed form TM7. I had to complete one long hand and my wife had to fill out a Thai language copy. So having her along was a necessity.

Tipped the girl at the reception desk 200 baht for helping my wife fill out her form.

Not really. What they were doing was verifying your address and if you had a copy of her id and house book that would have been enough. With her there she was made to sign a TM 30 form which reports your address this is done by the land lord in this case your wife. As it was. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't take your wife but I have seen some serious clutter fcuks in immigration because a wife was present.

Took more time than necessary because the officers were constantly chatting with one another.

My experience exactly 3 weeks ago. Laughing and joking, on the phone. 1 and half hours and it could have been done in half hour.

Not really. What they were doing was verifying your address and if you had a copy of her id and house book that would have been enough. With her there she was made to sign a TM 30 form which reports your address this is done by the land lord in this case your wife. As it was. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't take your wife but I have seen some serious clutter fcuks in immigration because a wife was present.

She had to complete a copy of my application in Thai. I checked on exactly what she was writing. We brought a copy of our housebook and that was another form. I don't bring her for her language skill, except reading and writing which I pretty much suck at. I am fluent in Thai and can converse freely with the officers but she wants to come and doesn't interfere.

She had to complete a copy of my application in Thai. I checked on exactly what she was writing. We brought a copy of our housebook and that was another form. I don't bring her for her language skill, except reading and writing which I pretty much suck at. I am fluent in Thai and can converse freely with the officers but she wants to come and doesn't interfere.

Thats another good reason not to bring her. If your by yourself no such forum in Thai is required.

If your embassy letter is less than 6 months and shows 65k plus per month plus you have a local Surin or Buriram address you will have no problem. If you have time stop by for a chat at M&D Coffee just down the road from KCI.ThumbUp6

Next time! Didn't see this until I got home.

Have they rotated the staff/officers lately , i can assure you it wasn,t a breeze just over a week ago...for numerious people...retirement extensions

3 part and parts , and one fixed deposit account refused...fact

Last edited:
Humbert, sounds as though your trip was a breeze...far from your previous worries.

They didn't even finger-print you or run a criminal background check.

Can you imagine how long it would take and the amount of paperwork involved in your own country to make a 1-year visa based on basically 'being a bum' (retirement) without any appointment ? MonkeyFight

All said - Thai really is easy-peasy (IMO).

Glad to read that all is fine in your life. What are you going to celebrate with ? Chokdee5

Can people registered in Surin province still use Khorat main office for extensions....instead of Kap Choeng

They will not accept those of us in Buriram, so I imagine it is the same with Surin'

Having said that I did go to Khorat a year ago requiring a new residency book. Kap Choeng suggested they may help. As it turned out, new books are only issued in Bangkok, but the big boss lady did ring Bangkok for me to find out all the requirements and cost.

Having received my new book in Bangkok eventually, Chang Wattana did issue me with multiple re-entry permits instead of insisting I went to kap Choeng.

They will not accept those of us in Buriram, so I imagine it is the same with Surin'

Having said that I did go to Khorat a year ago requiring a new residency book. Kap Choeng suggested they may help. As it turned out, new books are only issued in Bangkok, but the big boss lady did ring Bangkok for me to find out all the requirements and cost.

Having received my new book in Bangkok eventually, Chang Wattana did issue me with multiple re-entry permits instead of insisting I went to kap Choeng.

If you live in Surin or Buriram Korat does not want to see you even for a 90 day report now. You must use KCI.

If you live in Surin or Buriram Korat does not want to see you even for a 90 day report now. You must use KCI.

I believe many of the guys around Nang Rong and west do their 90 days at Korat.

Thai Immigration have become real sticklers, word coming down from above I suppose, about doing visa extensions where your residence is. I know many people with addresses outside of Bangkok who used to do their extensions at Chaeng Wattana who now have to do them in the jangwat where they reside.

Back