KCI extension today.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Just did my yearly extension at KCI this afternoon. It was still packed to the rafters from this morning. :eek:Japanese,Taiwanese, Chinese, Lao, Cambodians Myanmar, Swiss, American and a Brit that was being a pratt.:p My visa agent aka SWMBO did the recon this morning to make sure all paperwork was in order. It was. We arrived at 1245 and departed at 2pm.:D Thats the best time yet for a marriage extension as there is a lot more paper work. Only 1900 baht, change back and no tea money. I used the bank method and they did NOT require any documentation of other income. Also two individuals were applying for a retirement extension and both were put on a 30 day under consideration with a house visit. All n all it went smooth with no problem except for that one A hole.:rolleyes:

I shall be applying on 2nd June 2016 for my retirement extension. I am not about to ask any questions or query any additional requirements. Just go with the flow. And I'll take a book to read.

[Edit: My current extension expires on 27th June]

GL, your visa extension was based on marriage...and there was no "30 day grace period" pending home visit by IMM ?

I used the bank method and they did NOT require any documentation of other income.

I did provide "documentation of other income" prior to Miss Big Tits telling me that I would need to go to Bangkok and get new verification every year (2005?). I told her that I would not be doing that!

Last edited:
GL, your visa extension was based on marriage...and there was no "30 day grace period" pending home visit by IMM ?

There always is an under consideration of 30 days for all marriage extensions. I only had one home visit back in 12.

The wife was notified at 6:45p that KCI will be by at 9 am tomorrow morning for coffee and yes the head lady will be in attendance.:rolleyes:

Just had an interesting visit by KCI Suppression Unit. The gentleman in charge we have known for 4 years. He and his partner have all of Surin Provence. He told me I was only the second farang in Kap Choeng that he has done a home visit on. Also this visit is being done on ALL foreigners ,married or retarards in Surin and Buriram this year. Next year they will be selective. The phu yai ban and her assistant were present and their details were taken as witness on me. I nor Mrs GL signed any documents. They did take three photos of all of us in front of the The Chicken Ranch. :D No tea money but coffee all around. :pNow for the rumor mill. I'm sure IB and the BE rumor mongers will love this. This gentleman with out me asking told me directly that an immigration officer has been appointed to be incharge of a new Buriram Immigration Office and that this officers is working out of KCI at the moment. The appointed HNIC of Buriram Immigration is tasked with finding a location, hopefully this year. As to what service the new office is to provide no idea.

Last edited:
That will save a lot of trips out of Buriram province for the inhabitants and hopefully less queuing at KCI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also this visit is being done on ALL foreigners ,married or retarards in Surin and Buriram this year.

One has to wonder whether he is aware of the two foreigners in Surin/Buriram (and one in Sisaket) who we know were not required to have a home visit, apparently because they were over 70 years old.

Although we should not rock the boat.

One has to wonder whether he is aware of the two foreigners in Surin/Buriram (and one in Sisaket) who we know were not required to have a home visit, apparently because they were over 70 years old.

Although we should not rock the boat.

KCI does not deal with Sisaket as that s another immigration district. As for the over 70 bit thats BS.;)

KCI does not deal with Sisaket as that s another immigration district. As for the over 70 bit thats BS.;)

They were both over 70 and both did not require a home visit.

[If their age was not the reason, then there must have been another reason]

They were both over 70 and both did not require a home visit.

[If their age was not the reason, then there must have been another reason]

That was then and this is now. :DSmells like BS,tea money or pitty. :rolleyes:

The husband of the scary wife did his first extension due to retirement today and all aspects were completely finished within 20 minutes (no home visit by SSK IO) Y

Is the reference to it being the FIRST retirement extension significant?

[This is a red herring, GL. Don't worry about it.]

As I think you know, GL, I was one of the lucky over-70s who did not have to wait for a home visit. Not bullshit, not tea money; I can't say about pity! And by my calendar, March 2016 was definitely this year.

Its May now and I don't think that will happen again. Just saying.:rolleyes: On the other hand it may have been pity for you having to put up with us on the forum.:D On another topic if what I was told by KCI yesterday comes about and the HNIC of the New Buriam United Immigration which is being trained at KCI it would seem that Buriram will get the same cavity searches as everyone is getting now with no KY.;)

Last edited:
Back