KORAT THAI PASSPORT OFFICE MOVED

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Info from BE.

Went to Korat today for wife's passport, the Thai passport office has moved to Central Plaza mall 3rd floor, we waited more than three hours, still 1000 baht for passport and 40 baht to mail it. They are processing up to 300 passports per day and all 300 applications were handed out before 1p.m.

Info from BE.

Went to Korat today for wife's passport, the Thai passport office has moved to Central Plaza mall 3rd floor, we waited more than three hours, still 1000 baht for passport and 40 baht to mail it. They are processing up to 300 passports per day and all 300 applications were handed out before 1p.m.

If he was there for 3 hours, and was there when all applications had been handed out by 1pm, he clearly arrived after 10am. That would seem to be too late-------------unless having moved to Central Plaza, it doesn't open till 10am.

Note though Tops in Robinsons Mall manage to open 2 hours before Robonsons itself!

Never had a problem at Korat. For those in Surin province, Ubon is probably just as close. Almost twice as far for me as Korat. Secret with Korat (just as I have always found with immigration both at Kap Choeng and Buriram) is to get there early.. Even given coffee at Buriram immi before official opening :yum:

Never had a problem at Korat. For those in Surin province, Ubon is probably just as close. Almost twice as far for me as Korat. Secret with Korat (just as I have always found with immigration both at Kap Choeng and Buriram) is to get there early.. Even given coffee at Buriram immi before official opening :yum:

The secret at Korat is to have a friend or relative who can get in the informal pre-08:00 queue

In the past the Passport Ofice have had a mobile team visit both Buriram and Surin for a couple of days. Anyone know if this still continues?

Yes, the last time they came to Surin we used the facility to get the family passports. Very good. Not heard if they are doing another road show anytime soon.

For information the "Mobile Team" will be renewing/issuing Thai passports in the hall by the Surin Amphur between 23rd to 27th November this year.

[Edit: My wife tells me that they will be open at the weekend also]

Last edited:
Back