'Like it easy' (a value of Thai society)

Fukin hard work watching rice grow for 4 months.
Offered to take brother in law and sister in law (the grafter) to Bangkok for 3 nights in June. Too busy with rice she said. FFS.
Staying in novotel suk soi 20, hope it's OK.

Last edited:
Offered to take brother in law and sister in law (the grafter) to Bangkok for 3 nights in June. Too busy with rice she said. FFS.

Thats close to Soi Cowboy.. My happy hunting ground around 25 years ago + The Thermae, (an institution)

Had a good write up somewhere yesterday....supposedly far better than either Patpong or Nana

Thanks Nick, never been in that area before so I'll be exploring but nit (Nat) is with me ha.

Must have been 20 years ago. Called in for a last beer on the way home (I was living in The Royal President, Soi 15, at the time). I was accosted by two young ladies who demanded recompense for some extra curricular activities. They followed me all the way down to Pacific Place before I found an operational ATM. Then followed me back.

soi 20 / Sukh offers (among other things) a shop with great bread and a rest. with decent paella

soi 20 / Sukh is also close to Terminal 21 with it's incredible food court, probably the finest food court I have ever encountered.

Sorry Coffee, my guess is the man on the right

soi 20 / Sukh is also close to Terminal 21 with it's incredible food court, probably the finest food court I have ever encountered.

Sorry Coffee, my guess is the man on the right

dunno about terminal 21 and food, just couldn't dream of having a meal in a food court, not a fan of plastic surroundings

upper part of soi 20, (ie upper = close to Sukh) offers;
Spanish restaurant, German restaurant, Italian restaurant, some Thai eateries, Pizzeria and a bit more

If you can be bothered to drag your humble self to soi 24/Sukh, about 400/500 meters down from Sukh, left hand side, ypu will find Admiral's Pub in the basement of Oakwood Hotel,
Danish joint, offers a quite a few Danish and Scandinavian dishes, some very good
Also sports a series of Danish nips, Gammel Dansk among 'em, would guess the only place in BKK where you can get Gammel Dansk over the bar.

We used a food court in Bangsar (just outside Kuala Lumpur) regularly. The Chinese and Malay food was good. Unfortunately despite Malaysia being 30% Indian, there was no Indian food outlet there.

However, the open air food court in Singapore at which we we ate had a number of excellent Indian food outlets.

...just couldn't dream of having a meal in a food court....

I find that the advantage of food courts is the variety of cuisine. Even in Ellesmere Port I was able to go with my wife and whilst she had Singapore noodles, I could have Harry Ramsden's fish and chips.

I find that the advantage of food courts is the variety of cuisine. Even in Ellesmere Port I was able to go with my wife and whilst she had Singapore noodles, I could have Harry Ramsden's fish and chips.

yes, the variety of food is huge and the plastic is overwhelming

I m not a big fan of food courts either but this one is worth a visit, tripadvisor's ranking below. We stayed at the Well Hotel , Suhk /Soi 20, at Christmas and I found the prices in that area were very near the same as Canada. This place has an amazing selection of food, is spotless clean, cheap and has scads of eye candy.
x.gif
973 Reviews
#60 of 9,475
Restaurants in Bangkokhttp://www.bangkok.com/magazine/terminal21-food-court.html
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaura...59-Reviews-Pier_21_Food_Terminal-Bangkok.html

How many food courts have you visited?

And in how many countries?

countries; about 1 I guess, Thailand
how many; heaps in Bangkok, heaps
some in Udon Thani, Kon Kaen, Korat and Phuket

The food courts that I have visited in Thailand (only 2, both in Bangkok) were pretty basic - Thai food and nothing else. Perth (W.A.) had good ones, as did Malaysia and Singapore and even Ellesmere Port (as previously stated). One in Qatar sticks in my memory but I could be fantasising.

What is it about the "plastic" that concerns you? The decorations, the furniture or the food?

Back