Little house we are building :-)

How much would something like that cost?

Here is a pic of the house my missus has just had built for the mother in law (with mother in laws money), cost about 750,000 baht. Not quite finished in the photo..

Attachments

• P1040048.JPG
    P1040048.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 3

She's been robbed.

It's the price of the materials me old mate, when we built our 6 bed room, 2 storey house, 10 years ago it cost less than 1 mill.

This small house, my wife bought all the materials and paid very little for labor, couldn't have been built much cheaper these days. It is a cracking little house and the white bricks you can see keep the house very cool in the heat and warm in the cold.. Not the best picture, just one I had knocking around, the house is decorated now, it is bigger than it looks in that pic also, the brown bricks at the rear are the kitchen.

If Alan's is 2.5mil, then I think 750000 is about right. Not my money this time so not really bothered!

Last edited:
Exactly, everything has gone up in price and those two houses aren't very much alike either.

Mario299

Like many things in life (unless you are turned over by the family) you get what you pay for.

It is chalk and cheese - AtB's looks like a very professional house build and Adam's MIL's house looks just right for the purpose.

Horses for courses.

Like many things in life (unless you are turned over by the family) you get what you pay for.

It is chalk and cheese - AtB's looks like a very professional house build and Adam's MIL's house looks just right for the purpose.

Horses for courses.

And for about 5000 baht.....it's all relative, of course!

Mario299

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
And for about 5000 baht.....it's all relative, of course!

Mario299

Im sorry Mario , but thats to much,we paid 3500baht for this house inc Statalite TV, and Cavity Wall Insulation it was built by a Master Craftsman , in Non Sabuy, just around the corner from the new Starbeams Restaurant.

Hores for Courses as Co Co said in his post.

funny-picture-1225678128.jpg

Im sorry Mario , but thats to much,we paid 3500baht for this house inc Statalite TV, and Cavity Wall Insulation it was built by a Master Craftsman , in Non Sabuy, just around the corner from the new Starbeams Restaurant.

Hores for Courses as Co Co said in his post.

funny-picture-1225678128.jpg

Damn! Now I'm jealous...

Back