Lost a 12 month old Bull calf yesterday

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
Yesteday evening when Fil went to fetch the cattle for overnight in the barn, he found our 12 month old Bull calf lying on the ground with a broken leg. No holes in the ground nearby, and with no other obvious pitfalls around we can only assume he was the victim of a bit of amerous "bulling" by one of the larger members of the heard. With nothing that could be done for him, a local Butcher was called and he was sold and dispatched there and then. He will be on some market traders stall by now I expect.

Not veal BUT thats could be some good eats..:yum::yum::yum: Sorry for the loss as we had a 4 months old calf bite the dust.:(

Wished the farmers around here were more attached, I'm sick of chasing them out of my yard at all hours. I'm going to really mess one up one day, they keep eating my young mango trees.

Even though we don't keep them much longer than about 40-45 days, we do get a bit attached to our little piggies and miss their antics when they are gone. We just sold 6 of the litter from Feb. 19 and have 2 left, but they will go in the next few days hopefully. They were all very active and full of fun, quite a bit like a bunch of puppies.
mario299

IMG_0501.JPG

Yesteday evening when Fil went to fetch the cattle for overnight in the barn, he found our 12 month old Bull calf lying on the ground with a broken leg. No holes in the ground nearby, and with no other obvious pitfalls around we can only assume he was the victim of a bit of amerous "bulling" by one of the larger members of the heard. With nothing that could be done for him, a local Butcher was called and he was sold and dispatched there and then. He will be on some market traders stall by now I expect.
Unfortunate.

Wished the farmers around here were more attached, I'm sick of chasing them out of my yard at all hours. I'm going to really mess one up one day, they keep eating my young mango trees.

What are the farmers doing in your yard at all hours? Someone got a still going in the outhouse?

Back