Marriage Extension made easer at KCI ?

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
With Cent thread on Non Imm O multiple entry at Savanakhet
http://surinfarang.com/forum/threads/non-imm-o-multiple-entry-at-savanakhet.21571/
I though I might as well add some new information out of KCI that gives more credence to KCI being more friendly towards marriage and not retirement. This past week I was notified by another individual that I trust with out question, maybe I should he is Aussie.:D All marriage and retirement extensions have to start on a single entry or 90 day O-visa. This is Thai law. Up until this past year if an individual was on a Visa Exempt or a Tourist Visa this could be done at your local immigration office but that changed last year and all conversation for retirement have to start in Bangkok Or you have to go out of Thailand to obtain a 90 day O-visa. If an individual was on a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa and wanted to convert to a marriage extension they either had to go to Bangkok or go out of Thailand to obtain a single entry O-visa. This has always been the case with a marriage extension. For the first time that I'm aware of Kap Choeng Immigration has become the first immigration office in Thailand with the backing of Bangkok to grant a conversion of either a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa over to 90 day single entry O-vis for marriage. All proper paper work was submitted and forward to Korat approval was granted and the Roo now has a 90 day O-visa based on a Thai wife in his passport. Now he just waits until the 30 to 45 days before the admitted date and he returns with his wife and the same paper work to KCI to be processed for his marriage extension.

Back