Marriage visa extension refused

Dylan.t

I’ve been here since July on a 90 day O visa based on marriage, which expires on Oct 1st. I went KCI today to obtain a 60 day extension, which was refused.

I had a couple of problems as my pension did not arrive into my bank account until the end of August, which therefore was less than the 2 months required for the extension. Also we have a UK wedding certificate, which I have had to send to the UK to be legalised by UK GOV and verified by Thai embassy in London. I sent it away in August and have not received it back yet.

I was hoping that the KCI would extend my visa for 60 days, by which time the above problems would be solved. However they refused.

I now have to leave Thailand and re-enter on another visa. I was thinking it would be easier with a retirement or should I get another O visa?

What are my best options a new visa and where do you think the best place to go for the visa is?

Funds for a retirement have to be seasoned for only 60 days the first time after that its 90 days. Do you have time on your present visa to complete the 60 day requirement for a retirement? If so go that way for the time being.

My pension only arrived in my Thai bank at the end of August, so needs at least another 30 days to season. The IO pointed this out to me today, and I asked for a 30 day extension to cover it, but he said he couldn't help me.

My pension only arrived in my Thai bank at the end of August, so needs at least another 30 days to season. The IO pointed this out to me today, and I asked for a 30 day extension to cover it, but he said he couldn't help me.

I just sent you a PM. Call me

I’ve been here since July on a 90 day O visa based on marriage, which expires on Oct 1st. I went KCI today to obtain a 60 day extension, which was refused.

I had a couple of problems as my pension did not arrive into my bank account until the end of August, which therefore was less than the 2 months required for the extension. Also we have a UK wedding certificate, which I have had to send to the UK to be legalised by UK GOV and verified by Thai embassy in London. I sent it away in August and have not received it back yet.

I was hoping that the KCI would extend my visa for 60 days, by which time the above problems would be solved. However they refused.

I now have to leave Thailand and re-enter on another visa. I was thinking it would be easier with a retirement or should I get another O visa?

What are my best options a new visa and where do you think the best place to go for the visa is?
Once you have a Thai marriage certificate.
You can get a 1 year O from Savanaket Laos it easy mate .
No bank statment needed and no hassles .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Once you have a Thai marriage certificate.
You can get a 1 year O from Savanaket Laos it easy mate .
No bank statment needed and no hassles .

No he dosent Alan. He was married in the UK which has caused problem. These problems are being overcome and an acceptable translation for the MFA is being forward to him. In the mean time I have been in personal contact with Dylan and he should be on his way today to Vientiane Lao for a single entry O-visa based on retirement.

That's why I said once you have a Thai marriage certificate.
He needs to get married here or maybe translate UK paper work

That's why I said once you have a Thai marriage certificate.
He needs to get married here or maybe translate UK paper work

He had no choice as his marriage certificate was in english. It had to be sent back to the UK for translation to Thai and certified by the Thai Embassy in London which would not mail it to Thailand but they would mail it to his sisters home in the UK. When he receives it he will take to the MFA in Bangkok . The British Emmbassey Bangkok would not give him any help in this matter. I am seeing more and more of this for anyone that gets married in the UK vs Thailand. IMO if anyone is going to get married to a Thai that they meet here in Thailand then you better get married IN Thailand.

IMO if anyone is going to get married to a Thai that they meet here in Thailand then you better get married IN Thailand.

Jasus! It only costs Bht 50.00!

[Edit: plus Bht 10.00 each for witnesses if you don't take your own]

OK, there's the embassy fees etc, but it's still not more than the price of a night out (for some).

Jasus! It only costs Bht 50.00!

Me too but it was a long time ago. I still remember doing all the legalisation stuff. What a head ache.
After getting all the paper work done at the embassy and all the necessary translations. I went to the consular bureau for legalisation. The clerk who took my papers noticed that the Aust embassy had stamped sealed but not signed the damned documents ! The next day at the embassy the official was so distraught with apologies, I just could not be mad at her. You get a piece of paper that says you are set to marry and you can then go to any Amphure office. Strange how you remember all this stuff. Mine will be 15 years next year.

I sent the wedding certificate to UK GOV in Milton Keynes back in August, they then sent the legalised certificate by courier to the Thai embassy in London. The embassy only accepts cash or postal order payments, so I had to arrange for my sister to pay their £10 fee. The document sat in the embassy for about 2 weeks as they did not reply to my emails. Eventually I got through on the phone - they informed that they needed stamped addressed envelope to return the documents to my sister's address. My sister got the documents and posted them to me last week, but I've not received them.
I'm currently in Vientiane, where I've applied for a retirement visa. I hope to pick up my passport today at 13.30. I'm really worried in case this gets refused, as I don't have a plan B.

I sent the wedding certificate to UK GOV in Milton Keynes back in August, they then sent the legalised certificate by courier to the Thai embassy in London. The embassy only accepts cash or postal order payments, so I had to arrange for my sister to pay their £10 fee. The document sat in the embassy for about 2 weeks as they did not reply to my emails. Eventually I got through on the phone - they informed that they needed stamped addressed envelope to return the documents to my sister's address. My sister got the documents and posted them to me last week, but I've not received them.
I'm currently in Vientiane, where I've applied for a retirement visa. I hope to pick up my passport today at 13.30. I'm really worried in case this gets refused, as I don't have a plan B.

Your applying for a single entry O-Visa good for 90 days based on retirement with your supporting documents. This is not a retirement visa. :rolleyes:This is where correct nomenclature can and does get confusing and does cause problems.:confused: I'm sure you will get the singe entry O-visa. Have a Beer Lao or two while there.:D

Last edited:
Pat did the verification of our Australian marriage certificate @ the Australian embassy last week and then took it back
To the Thai consulate for translation, a bit of a mission but all done.

I got the Non immigrant O single entry visa today. I crossed into Thailand and have been given 90 days.
Looking at the visa it's almost identical to the one I was issued in London based on my marriage. What distinguishes the retirement type from the marriage one? I don't want to do another visa in December

I got the Non immigrant O single entry visa today. I crossed into Thailand and have been given 90 days.
Looking at the visa it's almost identical to the one I was issued in London based on my marriage. What distinguishes the retirement type from the marriage one? I don't want to do another visa in December

Nothing on the visa to distinguish a marriage from a retard.:D The requirement on issuing them is up to the embassy or consulate.

Back