Metv

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
Can a British National apply for one of the new Metv's in a neighbouring country Laos, Cambodia for instance?

The full story. I have a friend who is currently working in Saudi, he will finish his contract towards the end of the month.
He will come directly to Thailand to meet his wife. He then intends on visiting Cambodia for a week or so and then returning to Thailand.
Ideally he would like to stay until April. Any thoughts on how this can best be achieved?

The full story. I have a friend who is currently working in Saudi, he will finish his contract towards the end of the month.
He will come directly to Thailand to meet his wife. He then intends on visiting Cambodia for a week or so and then returning to Thailand.
Ideally he would like to stay until April. Any thoughts on how this can best be achieved?

I have worked and lived in Saudi and applied for visas at the the Thai Embassy in Riyadh. He can apply for a single entry tourist visa good for a total of 60 days plus a 30 day extension. I personally have done this. This would give him a total of 90 days. If he wants more time and is legally married then he can apply at KCI with his wife present for another 60 days extension for visiting his wife. This would give him 150 days total. There are no more 2 or 3 entry tourist visa and the new METV good for 6 months is normally only availibe in your home country BUT there may be a good chance if your friend like myself is working and living there the Thai Embassy in Riyadh will issue him with it. He will need to call them and ask. BTW is his wife Thai.

I have worked and lived in Saudi and applied for visas at the the Thai Embassy in Riyadh. He can apply for a single entry tourist visa good for a total of 60 days plus a 30 day extension. I personally have done this. This would give him a total of 90 days. If he wants more time and is legally married then he can apply at KCI with his wife present for another 60 days extension for visiting his wife. This would give him 150 days total. There are no more 2 or 3 entry tourist visa and the new METV good for 6 months is normally only availibe in your home country BUT there may be a good chance if your friend like myself is working and living there the Thai Embassy in Riyadh will issue him with it. He will need to call them and ask. BTW is his wife Thai.
Thanks GL. Yes Thai Wife.

Thanks GL. Yes Thai Wife.

Then he is set to go. He just needs to contact the Thai Embassy in Riyadh for conformation and cost. He can send his pp to them by certified courier. About a 7 day turn around.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/riyadh/en/
Diplomatic Quarter,
P.O. Box 94359,
Riyadh 11693

Tel. (966-11) 488-1174, 488-0797,
(966-11) 488-0300, 488-1507
Fax. (966-11) 488-1179

E-mail. thairuh@mfa.go.th

If he does as I laid out when he gets to Thailand and I assume in the area before he goes to Cambodia he needs to stop at KCI and get a single re entry permit this will keep his tourist visa intact when he goes to Cambodia, it does not prolong it but it stays intact. Cost is 1000baht for a single.

If he is legal married to a Thai - Wife he can go to Savannaketh / Laos to the Thai Consulate. and aply for a one year Multiple - O _ Reentry visa without any problems. He can go there alone make sure to arrive ther befoer 11 am fill the form pay 5000 Baht and pick up the visa next day.2 pm. What he needs is the original and a copy of his marriage certificate( copy signed by his wife the day when he goes to Laos) Onecopt of hre ID-card and one Copy of here Tabianban/Housepaper Copys have to be signed by her the day he leaves for Laos.plus passportpicture of him (not sure 1 or 2 ) .Thats all requirement. I'm doing for the lat 6-7 years without any problem incl that year.

If he is legal married to a Thai - Wife he can go to Savannaketh / Laos to the Thai Consulate. and aply for a one year Multiple - O _ Reentry visa without any problems. He can go there alone make sure to arrive ther befoer 11 am fill the form pay 5000 Baht and pick up the visa next day.2 pm. What he needs is the original and a copy of his marriage certificate( copy signed by his wife the day when he goes to Laos) Onecopt of hre ID-card and one Copy of here Tabianban/Housepaper Copys have to be signed by her the day he leaves for Laos.plus passportpicture of him (not sure 1 or 2 ) .Thats all requirement. I'm doing for the lat 6-7 years without any problem incl that year.

True and for only 300 baht extra you can get it back the same day.:rolleyes: And play your cards right its good for 17 months.

It certainly is the best visa nowadays. I gave up my BOI visa because of the hoops to jump through and continuity of crap throughout the year (can you show us your floor plan again etc). You've only got to deal with the clowns for about 2minutes all up each year...driving the car through to Savannakhet is simple and enjoyable trip with the family. OK, you must leave the country every 90 days (with pleasure).

Back