Mind Kitchen

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
mind_zps309a072a.jpg

Ate and drank at this fairly new place yesterday with friends. It was recommended by a friend who has been in a couple times the past week.

Mind Kitchen is located almost directly across the canal from the sign for the well known restaurant 'Goodview' on the klong road. New and clean, with air con, good attentive staff, cold beers (Leo lg - 70 baht, Singha lg - 80 baht, and Heineken lg - 110 baht). The bathrooms are clean and well done, but outside the restaurant proper in the alley next to the building. It's a small-ish place with a few tables and comfortable chairs, a couple tables out front on their balcony, and a table and chairs on the well manicured and decorated lawn outside.

Food is good, not expensive, but not 'cheap' either. About average for a new air con place actually. Some nice foods on the menu, the appetizers are good and tasty. I had the Japanese Plate - your basic sushi with soi sauce and Wasabi, the battered/breaded fried shrimps, and a plate of fried cashews to nibble on. All nicely done and well presented.

A nice coffee menu as well.

Western and Thai modern music is played in the background at a non intrusive level.

I was told they do have WiFi available as well.

The staff here are very well trained, friendly, and attentive.

The menu is in Thai and English.

A plus for me as I can walk there from the townhouse in 5 minutes.

A nice place to bring your wife or GF, or to meet with some friends for a bite, some cold brews, and a chat. The air con is a nice plus during the hot weather these days. Parking out front for five or six cars and some motocykes.

Check it out. Here's the link for their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mind-Kitchen/495708563871448?ref=br_rs

Mike

Last edited:
Is it part of the coffee shoppe business that WestofHere turned the Forum onto a year or so ago ?

Or is it just located very close to that coffee shoppe ?

They may be related in some way. Not sure, but yes, "Mind Kitchen" is right next door to Monkey Coffee and the Vietnamese soup kitchen.

mind_zps309a072a.jpg

Ate and drank at this fairly new place yesterday with friends. It was recommended by a friend who has been in a couple times the past week.

Mind Kitchen is located almost directly across the canal from the sign for the well known restaurant 'Goodview' on the klong road. New and clean, with air con, good attentive staff, cold beers (Leo lg - 70 baht, Singha lg - 80 baht, and Heineken lg - 110 baht). The bathrooms are clean and well done, but outside the restaurant proper in the alley next to the building. It's a small-ish place with a few tables and comfortable chairs, a couple tables out front on their balcony, and a table and chairs on the well manicured and decorated lawn outside.

Food is good, not expensive, but not 'cheap' either. About average for a new air con place actually. Some nice foods on the menu, the appetizers are good and tasty. I had the Japanese Plate - your basic sushi with soi sauce and Wasabi, the battered/breaded fried shrimps, and a plate of fried cashews to nibble on. All nicely done and well presented.

A nice coffee menu as well.

Western and Thai modern music is played in the background at a non intrusive level.

I was told they do have WiFi available as well.

The staff here are very well trained, friendly, and attentive.

The menu is in Thai and English.

A plus for me as I can walk there from the townhouse in 5 minutes.

A nice place to bring your wife or GF, or to meet with some friends for a bite, some cold brews, and a chat. The air con is a nice plus during the hot weather these days. Parking out front for five or six cars and some motocykes.

Check it out. Here's the link for their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mind-Kitchen/495708563871448?ref=br_rs

Mike

Spent a couple relaxing hours with Bear in here yesterday. Cold Heinekens, and I had some rice and stir fried spicy chicken (60 baht) and 'Better' fried shrimps with sweet sauce (100 baht). Wonderful air con, and the staff was great and attentive to our needs. 2 p.m. is a nice time to go there, as the lunch crowd has left, and the supper crowd doesn't start coming in until around 4/4:30 p.m.

Ran into Ric (Little India) and his family. They came in and ordered food. We had a nice chat with Ric about this and that.

A thoroughly nice afternoon in a great place with cooling Air Con. It's just so hot lately. The AC-ed venues are a big plus these days, and The Mind Kitchen is an excellent choice to relax and drink and eat on a hot post-Songkran Surin afternoon.

Their background music is nice as well. A mix of Western and Thai pop and soft rock at good low levels. Quite pleasant.

Mike

P.S. An added plus is that I can walk there in less than 5 minutes from the house. :)

Last edited:
Deleted my off topic posts here

I've deleted my off topic posts in this Mind Kitchen thread. Now if the Mods can clean it up the thread will get to back on topic, and a new thread on exercise parks, gyms and such is gained elsewhere.

Mike

It was great to catch up with yourself & Bear, Your not wrong about the air con at the moment its a touch warm out thereThumbUp6

I really like the design of that restaurant, another excellent addition to Surin.

Rick

It was great to catch up with yourself & Bear, Your not wrong about the air con at the moment its a touch warm out thereThumbUp6

I really like the design of that restaurant, another excellent addition to Surin.

Rick

Concur = Agreed1

Rick

Great afternoon get together at Mind today with Bear & wife, Steve, WestofHere, Brian, ArchiMark, & myself. Pleasant gathering in the AC cooled environment, good inexpensive beers and foods. Lovely place to get together.

Mike

Great afternoon get together at Mind today with Bear & wife, Steve, WestofHere, Brian, ArchiMark, & myself. Pleasant gathering in the AC cooled environment, good inexpensive beers and foods. Lovely place to get together.

Mike

BRIAN!!!!!WTF1Crazy1

Mike

If it's not raining this would be a lovely spot for an "in-town get-together" (less than 100 people) as they have plenty of room counting inside, the patio and on the front lawn.
They would have to be informed in advance if you're considering a private party / gathering to arrange for additional service staff, tables , chairs, beverages and food.
ThumbUp6
Parking would be on the khlong or possibly in the large dirt lot north of the restaurant.

If it's not raining this would be a lovely spot for an "in-town get-together" (less than 100 people) as they have plenty of room counting inside, the patio and on the front lawn.
They would have to be informed in advance if you're considering a private party / gathering to arrange for additional service staff, tables , chairs, beverages and food.
ThumbUp6
Parking would be on the khlong or possibly in the large dirt lot north of the restaurant.

Coffee,

mind can seat maybe 30 people including the outdoor seating. If even.

Back