Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

I think @Yorky is off the hook, your kitchen furniture may well stay dry. I have a feeling the storm has passed Surin and headed north. Khon Kaen will have a lot more water they do not need They are already flooded out this week.

1664346657723.png

According to this report, it hasn't arrived yet!
1664354875582.png

1664354910823.png

As I said, rain is now heavy in Khon Kaen (dark grey) and Surin is almost out of it.

I also use: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/f...sv1plus&cvid=4759075e2de948359b1203cc72360574

GOV UK..... THAILAND TRAVEL ADVICE

Change made:
New information about Thyphoon Noru, forecast to cause heavy rain and strong winds across Thailand from 28 September 2022 to 1 October 2022 (‘Summary’ page).

Time updated:
9:44am, 28 September 2022

Typhoon Noru is forecast to reach the northeastern provinces of Amnat Charoen and Ubon Ratchathani as a tropical storm on Wednesday night, bringing nationwide heavy rain.

The Thai Meteorological Department on Wednesday, September 28th, reported on the weakening NORU typhoon to a tropical storm before passing over Ubon Ratchathani and Amnat Charoen on Thursday, September 29th.

Additionally, a rather strong southwest monsoon prevails across the Andaman Sea, the South, and the Gulf of Thailand, resulting in heavy rains in much of the North, the Northeast, the Central area including Bangkok and its vicinity, the East, and the South. Very heavy rains and gusty winds are also likely in some places in those regions.

According to the announcement, the affected areas are as following:

28 September 2022
North:
Phitsanulok, Phichit, and Phetchabun
Northeast: Loei, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Mukdahan, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket, and Ubon Ratchathani
Central: Lop Buri, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, and Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi, Sa Kaeo, Chanthaburi, and Trat
South: Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, and Satun

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/...ue-to-noru-tropical-storm-and-strong-monsoon/

The Thai Meteorological Department on Wednesday, September 28th, reported on the weakening NORU typhoon to a tropical storm before passing over Ubon Ratchathani and Amnat Charoen on Thursday, September 29th.

Additionally, a rather strong southwest monsoon prevails across the Andaman Sea, the South, and the Gulf of Thailand, resulting in heavy rains in much of the North, the Northeast, the Central area including Bangkok and its vicinity, the East, and the South. Very heavy rains and gusty winds are also likely in some places in those regions.

According to the announcement, the affected areas are as following:

28 September 2022
North:
Phitsanulok, Phichit, and Phetchabun
Northeast: Loei, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Mukdahan, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket, and Ubon Ratchathani
Central: Lop Buri, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, and Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi, Sa Kaeo, Chanthaburi, and Trat
South: Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, and Satun

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/...ue-to-noru-tropical-storm-and-strong-monsoon/
You might add......

29 September 2022
Northeast
: Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Mukdahan, Maha Sarakham, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket, and Ubon Ratchathani

My daughters have just returned from school. They tell me the school will be closed on Thursday and Friday. Replaced by home learning on account of the strong storms with heavy rains expected those 2 days. I am talking about Surin City. Sorry @Yorky, flooding could be widespread.

P.S. @FERRET picked the right time for his holidays! :) :) :)

Typhoon Noru is forecast to reach the northeastern provinces of Amnat Charoen and Ubon Ratchathani as a tropical storm on Wednesday night, bringing nationwide heavy rain.
It hasn't stopped raining here in SSK Town for over 24 hours and I feel like it won't stop for at least another day or two. Was very windy too, last night at beer-o-clock.

Back field this morning:

Back field 3 s.jpg

Drive this morning:

Drive 3 s.jpg

The water level is 230 mm (9") from our lowest floors (stoeps, kitchen and bathrooms. And it's stopped raining - for now.

Back