Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

The sky in the east around 06:00 this morning. I don't know what this indicates but it's bright and sunny here now.

October 9 s.jpg

I took the bus from Surin to Bangkok today. It took 2,5 hours more than normal, but that was because of heavy traffic. I did not see any sign of flooding anywhere on the trip. I now stay in a hotel near the airport, flying to Europe tomorrow.

Safe travels Jeppe. Take care.

Safe travels Jeppe. Take care.
Thanks. This time it will be strange to get to work. The vessel I have been on for the last 9 years are now sold. So it will be my last trip to that vessel. I have got an indication that I have to go strait from Holland to Aberdeen in Scotland, and take over a vessel the company have there. So I might be gone for work for 8 weeks this time.
This new vessel have some skandinavian, but most Philippine crew. I have never worked with Philippine crew before, so that will be interesting.

@Yorky I think it indicates that you can't sleep! 555 Nice pic!

For many years ('69 to '87) my work start time for c. 9 months of the year was 06:00 (finish 19:00 or later) seven days/week. Breakfast was between 09:00 and 10:00, lunch/dinner between 16:00 and 17:00. Subsequent time in the pub varied.

Last edited:
Thanks. This time it will be strange to get to work. The vessel I have been on for the last 9 years are now sold. So it will be my last trip to that vessel. I have got an indication that I have to go strait from Holland to Aberdeen in Scotland, and take over a vessel the company have there. So I might be gone for work for 8 weeks this time.
This new vessel have some skandinavian, but most Philippine crew. I have never worked with Philippine crew before, so that will be interesting.
It will be a little bit colder than what you have been used to. Aberdeen is not in the tropics! Keep safe.

Did your ladies arrive there well above the tide ?
Which route did they undertake for the drive ?
My ladies arrived safe and sound having taken the country route via Chom Pra. No flooding on the route. Coming back I drove through Buriram. The time for each journey was about the same, 1 hour 20 minutes or so. However, despite being 10 kilometers longer, I will, in the future, always use the longer route through Buriram. The roads are so much better, dual carriageway all the way and no potholes either. Moreover, the speed limit is 90 KPH between Surin and Buriram and 120 KPH between Buriram and the airport. Yes, I will not be using the Chrom Pra route in the future.

Back