Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

Yes, the fireworks started when I was 30 minutes into Yellowstone (pilot). I thought the loud explosions were part of the soundtrack.

A lot of furniture moving to the south west this evening.
Should be over in the next couple of weeks. I have seen over the years that the last few/couple of weeks of the monsoon get intense with lots of daily and nightly storms. Should be all done by my return early October.

We were lucky here to get the rain waters. China and Europe and the west of the USA didn't get squat to replenish their reservoirs. We got plenty this year thankfully.

We were lucky here to get the rain waters. China and Europe and the west of the USA didn't get squat to replenish their reservoirs. We got plenty this year thankfully.
The wet season build up in the NT should be starting soon. A shocking time, hot as and humid.

I'll bet that gave you a sinking feeling.

The "government" offered a sum of ฿2,000.00 per household as compensation but only if you were flooded for in excess of five days. They announced that six days after the flood when they determined that no houses had been flooded for more than three days.

I was only flooded for around 36 hours but the cost of replacing flood damage items was in the region of ฿200,000.00 (although I didn't replace like with like).

The "government" offered a sum of ฿2,000.00 per household as compensation but only if you were flooded for in excess of five days. They announced that six days after the flood when they determined that no houses had been flooded for more than three days.

I was only flooded for around 36 hours but the cost of replacing flood damage items was in the region of ฿200,000.00 (although I didn't replace like with like).

Although we did receive a gift from the King (delivered in a very large army 6 x 4) - a bag of rice and khanom.

king's food.jpg

My in-laws' home flooded for longer than three days, as the water came in over a high threshold (at least 15 cms) meaning that the interior was like some shallow swimming pool for many days. Still no compensation was made. We demolished the house, raised the floor level by 1.2 metres, and have had no further problems since...

Back