Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

Just by way of response and not a debate for @Yorky :
U doo real-eyes that sir-tan words are sir-tan-lee pronounced diff-rent-lee than they R spelled.

So hoo real-lee nohs what the corr-wrekt spelling should B...par-tic-u-lar-lee on this four-umm.

If ice is pronounced as in nice and iss is pronounced as in miss...
Why is peace pronounced piece ?

How should one pronounce an-ull-eyes...how should one spell it ?
How should one pronounce real-eyes...how should one spell it ?

The difference bee-tween pronouncing and spelling analysis (a-nall-ee-cis) and analyst (an-ull-ist) are quite telling...(if not anal).

---- ---- ---- ----
I know the vernacular usage of the English language has greatly evolved since the British left 'Colonial American' shores. Hence so has spelling...t, s & f.
Personally the subject is not currently high on my agenda.

Well how do you like that - it's beer o'clock already...and yes - more importantly it rained!

Enjoy your weekend in paradise. :)

Last edited:
Precedents have been set over many centuries: Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, and Queen Elizabeth II were all spelt with the letter 'z.'

It may be a little curious to know that spelling the name Elisabeth has been the more popular way in German history, rather than most of the rest of the world.

Before 1917, members of the British Royal Family had no surname, and used only the name of the house or dynasty to which they belonged. Just as children can take their surnames from their father, so sovereigns normally take the name of their 'House' from their father. For this reason, Queen Victoria's eldest son Edward VII belonged to the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (the family name of his father Prince Albert). Edward VII's son George V became the second king of that dynasty when he succeeded to the throne in 1910. The Germanic name for the British Royal dynasty didn't sit comfortably with the King's subjects,

In 1917, there was a radical change, when George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the 'House' or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family. The family name was changed as a result of anti-German feeling during the First World War, and the name Windsor was adopted after the Castle of the same name: At a meeting of the Privy Council on 17 July 1917, George V declared that 'all descendants in the male line of Queen Victoria, who are subjects of these realms, other than female descendants who marry or who have married, shall bear the name of Windsor'. It would have been quite unthinkable for the Late Queen Elizabeth II's name to be spelt as a German 'Elisabeth' in that case.

Incidentally, the 'Elizabeth' variety was the tenth most popular name given to baby girls in the United States in 2007 and has been among the 25 most popular names given to girls in the United States for the past 100 years. It is the only name that remained in the top ten US girls' names list from 1925 to 1972.
Well, from what we see daily on the internet you'd think Karen was the most popular name for US girls in recent years past. :)

what does your toe tell you about the next 10 days?

My toe tells me stand closer to the urinal. :cool:

Although my dick tells me 'pray for rain'. :p

Seriously though, September is usually a wet one in Thailand and apparently we're in the right weather trough.

(I cannot figure out how Kap Chewey remains dry per a local blueberry member.)

But it's been raining since May! Virtually every day!

Ignoring September 2013, this must be the wettest year that I've known here (2000 - 2022).

I don't maintain a rain guage but it would be interesting to know how much rain Surin (particularly Hwai Sanaeng) has received this year.

All the ponds I see look fairly full.

I don't maintain a rain guage but it would be interesting to know how much rain Surin (particularly Hwai Sanaeng) has received this year.

All the ponds I see look fairly full.

I did maintain a rain gauge, albeit only a funnel in an empty coffee jar, back in 1999/2000. I wanted to assess the maximum rain we could expect in one hour on the roofs of my future house in order to calculate the size of gutters and downpipes I would need.

Strange what you get up to when you're young(ish).

Back