My Surin Girlfriend Has Just Left Me-After I Purchased House

S

Steve Jones

I thing I know the answer.

My Surin Thai girlfriend has just left me.
Yes she was a bargirl from Surin. She was innocent-or so I thought.
She moved back to Surin and stopped being a bargirl.
We have been seeing each other for 2 years.
We got engaged.
I met her family and friends.
We enjoyed each others company.
She called me everyday for 2 years.
I paid her a monthly allowance.
I looked after her 2 children.
She said she was pregnant. She showed me the video of the pregnancy test.
I sold everything in Australia.
She got herself into debt-300000 baht and would not tell me how or what for.
She reduced her talking to me and stated that she was busy and it was serious. This went on for 4 weeks.
As soon as house was paid-she stopped talking to me. She unfriended me. She told me to stop talking to her family and friends.
She admitted to being a bargirl again in Bangkok.
She even had the cheek to ask me to take her on holidays and pay her long time!

I think I know the answer but I will ask anyway.
Do I have any legal right to half the house?
Never trust a bargirl?

I'm sorry to say this but..............

175x175bb.jpg

A snowball in hell.

Have you a legal right to own the house?
Are you legally married? If so, what would you do after a court case granted you 50%? Live in the house still with (maybe) all the family around you??

My advice (as I've been there), is move on (out), start afresh and try to think of the future and not the past. You cannot change it, can you?

BTW, welcome to Surin Farang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you were entitled to 50% the house is in her name. A court could order her to sell the house and give you your half.

However, from my own experience, upon my divorce some 17 years ago, my wife agreed to sell the house, and put it on the market at a grossly inflated price. Nobody of course was interested.

It was only some 2/3 years later that she was desperately in need of money , and agreed to accept an offer that came in (well below her asking price, but market price) Once she had paid back the bank loan + much backdated interest (she mortgaged the house in the interim and never paid any interest), and paid back private debts, she did not have much left.

Having bought the house some 14/15 years earlier, even my 50% was more than my original outlay:)

Our advise to expats is never to spend more in Thailand than you can afford to lose. As has been said above, move on and start afresh. Good luck

I thing I know the answer.

My Surin Thai girlfriend has just left me.
Yes she was a bargirl from Surin. She was innocent-or so I thought.
She moved back to Surin and stopped being a bargirl.
We have been seeing each other for 2 years.
We got engaged.
She called me everyday for 2 years.
I looked after her 2 children.
She said she was pregnant. She showed me the video of the pregnancy test.
She reduced her talking to me and stated that she was busy and it was serious. This went on for 4 weeks.
As soon as house was paid-she stopped talking to me. She unfriended me. She told me to stop talking to her family and friends.
She admitted to being a bargirl again in Bangkok.
She even had the cheek to ask me to take her on holidays and pay her long time!

I think I know the answer but I will ask anyway.
Never trust a bargirl?
Unfortunately, this has happened far too often to many expats, basically, f**k her, move on and be more aware. Don't let your balls rule your brain.

You are protected by Thai Law as Nick says...only if you are legally married and any property jointly aquired during the marriage is shared 50/50. Any farang that builds or purchases land and intends to build should make sure their interest is covered by a water tight usafruct agreement.
Without that agreement and not married there's no chance of getting anything back. Most thai's know that and will try it on.
Awful as it might sound, move on and don't do it again.

Great stuff,Steve. No worries be happy - you definitely have some rights in Thailand.
[See comments with inquiries below.]
Welcome aboard.

Steve Jones post ;member:
We got engaged.
Too bad you didn't marry as you'd have more rights financially.
Are you you didn't meet her husband or boyfriend ?
Says who ? Obviously there was a serious change on her part, eh.
How much did you send directly to her over the course of two years ? Do you have full financial statements and receipts showing the monies being transferred ? Where did the monies come from to build "the house"?
Makes perfect sense if you're retiring and planning to live as an expat outside of your country as long as you put the money in your savings account so that you can live without financial burden.
That is her personal business and debt. Don't worry about it.

As soon as house was paid-she stopped talking to me.
Are you still wondering why ?
What is the amount of money that you sent strictly to build a house for "you to reside in" ?
(*This amount can not include any monies that you sent her monthly for her 'maintenance and support' nor for your comfort and companionship.*)

Are you able to prove in a court of law that your monies were used solely with the intent of building a home and that you were dishonestly 'swindled' out of said monies by an unscrupulous 'home builder' / contractor ?
If the lady in question were to state that you sent her monies solely for her compianionship while you visited Thailand or as a good samaritan (ie: 'sugar daddy') - could you refute her claim without a shadow of doubt before a Thai law court judge who will ultimately be arbitrating your case if there is uncontested support (providing your assertion carries a credible claim) ?

Think about everything with 20/20 hindsight and seriously ask yourself if you believe that your claim would really stand a chance in a court before a judge or arbitration. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff,Steve. No worries be happy - you definitely have some rights in Thailand.
[See comments with inquiries below.]
Welcome aboard.

Steve Jones post ;member:
We got engaged.
Too bad you didn't marry as you'd have more rights financially.
Are you you didn't meet her husband or boyfriend ?
Says who ? Obviously there was a serious change on her part, eh.
How much did you send directly to her over the course of two years ? Do you have full financial statements and receipts showing the monies being transferred ? Where did the monies come from to build "the house"?
Makes perfect sense if you're retiring and planning to live as an expat outside of your country as long as you put the money in your savings account so that you can live without financial burden.
That is her personal business and debt. Don't worry about it.

As soon as house was paid-she stopped talking to me.
Are you still wondering why ?
What is the amount of money that you sent strictly to build a house for "you to reside in" ?
(*This amount can not include any monies that you sent her monthly for her 'maintenance and support' nor for your comfort and companionship.*)

Are you able to prove in a court of law that your monies were used solely with the intent of building a home and that you were dishonestly 'swindled' out of said monies by an unscrupulous 'home builder' / contractor ?
If the lady in question were to state that you sent her monies solely for her compianionship while you visited Thailand or as a good samaritan (ie: 'sugar daddy') - could you refute her claim without a shadow of doubt before a Thai law court judge who will ultimately be arbitrating your case if there is uncontested support (providing your assertion carries a credible claim) ?

Think about everything with 20/20 hindsight and seriously ask yourself if you believe that your claim would really stand a chance in a court before a judge or arbitration. :confused:
Yes I have evidence that it was for house and land payments. I even have copies of messenger stating what was owed and what went to the house in her own words!

Yes I have evidence that it was for house and land payments. I even have copies of messenger stating what was owed and what went to the house in her own words!
Sorry that you got a bit of a Luke warm reception here but there is no Crisp & clean answer that will help you. The house/land is not yours, if you are not legally married. It's clear as Mud, Dude!
As I said before, the best thing you can do is Pee off out of the way and try to forget that it all happened and move on with your life IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry that you got a bit of a Luke warm reception here but there is no Crisp & clean answer that will help you. The house/land is not yours, if you are not legally married. It's clear as Mud, Dude!
As I said before, the best thing you can do is Pee off out of the way and try to forget that it all happened and move on with your life IMO.

I didn't assume anything - I simply inquired after reading posts such as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back