New DIY Super Stores

New DIY Super Stores

Global House is under construction on the Prasat Road, just south of the existing Home Mart. This store is due to open in October 2012.

Hot off the press, a large new Home Mart is scheduled for construction next year on the Sangka Road, opposite IQ Modern Trade.

I doubt they can all survive. My bet is Thai Watsadu will go first.

But with all this lot, I would recommend buying shares in Companies producing mirrors and lipsticks and facial creams. The girls employed in these DIY stores mostly have no interest in helping the customers whilst they are busy preening themselves.

Last edited:
I doubt they can all survive. My bet is Thai Watsadu will go first.

But with all this lot, I would recommend buying shares in Companies producing mirrors and lipsticks and facial creams. The girls employed in these DIY stores mostly have no interest in helping the customers whilst they are busy preening themselves.

Don't they just? Large groups of employees scattered about the place, doing their lippy and gossiping. When you want something though you end up having to chase somebody down.

Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

Stop press!

Just heard that IQ Modern Trade has sold out their retail business and are going to concentrate on building houses. The new owners of IQ are .................... wait for it ................ "DoHome" - an Ubon Thani based business consortium. See http://www.dohome.co.th/default for further information. Certainly, the store they have in Korat is very large and always full of customers.

Also, the "Sony shop" opposite the bus station is going to build a new super store just before the IQ traffic lights, opposite the temple on the same side of the road as Tesco Lotus. They have a large advertising poster on display on the building site.

Finally, someone asked a short while ago if there were automatic dish washers on sale in Surin. Thai Watsadu have a model on for sale at 31,000 THB.

I don't think so. Just wishful thinking on your part as Thai Watsadu is owned by Central Group. http://www.centralgroup.com/groupBusinesses.html

Indeed it is, but surely they won't keep it open, if it should become loss making!

Incidentally I was told last week by a young lass working there,(ex IQ whom I had previously befriended) that she received pay of 9000bt a month as against only 5000bt when at IQ.

If IQ have sold out to Do Home, then I think that the writing is on the wall even more for Thai Watsadu.

I understand that the staff were informed by their IQ management about the change of ownership to DoHome within the past week or so. I do not know when the changeover will come into effect.

Stop press!

Just heard that IQ Modern Trade has sold out their retail business and are going to concentrate on building houses. The new owners of IQ are .................... wait for it ................ "DoHome" - an Ubon Thani based business consortium. See http://www.dohome.co.th/default for further information. Certainly, the store they have in Korat is very large and always full of customers.

Also, the "Sony shop" opposite the bus station is going to build a new super store just before the IQ traffic lights, opposite the temple on the same side of the road as Tesco Lotus. They have a large advertising poster on display on the building site.

Finally, someone asked a short while ago if there were automatic dish washers on sale in Surin. Thai Watsadu have a model on for sale at 31,000 THB.

Do-Home is a great store its got so much choice in not only building supply's but other equipment gardening and farming and house hold goods . Also not so far from the Army camp they are building a Global-House (MASSIVE)now this is also a great store ,I can see the rest falling by the by ,these two stores will take over ,lots to choose from with prices that all the others cant touch . Great news for us as our next three projects are in and around Surin :biggrin:

Was in IQ today sniffing for info , and so they say Doohome will not be buying IQ unless - cough - cough ,they buy both stores Surin and Buriram for much more than what they have offered !!
Hmmmm ...

Stop press!

Just seen this Nomad97 - Yes thanks for that, got a slightly bigger model and now installed and working brilliantly.

Does she need soap to function well, Dave, for her other functions as well as dishwashing? If so, where do you get it? Surin Joe would also like to know.
Hope you're well mate.
J

Where can you buy the soap for a dish washer here?

If you are looking for tablets I cannot help you, though I understand Carrefour stock them. We got our machine from Thai Steward Services http://www.thaisteward.com/eng/aboutus.html with the initial enquiry made through Thai Watsadu. We bought their smallest under-counter model. We could have bought a domestic model from Siemens which is cheaper, but when I costed out the tablets, liquids, salts, the hassle of getting them and running cycle time/power consumption it did not add up. Regularly we have over 12 people for a meal and seeing the wife and relations continually washing up really screws up the evening and splits the company. This machine has a cycle of 120 seconds and we leave it an extra minute to dry. It also sterilises the contents properly which is important. Compared to a domestic machine running for about an hour and the industrial build quality of this one, it just didn’t make sense. So we use liquids and I ordered enough for a year which gave us a massive discount. Also a Thai company so no issues with servicing or getting supplies.

I have written all of this blurb in case anyone else wants to treat their wife to the end of a crap chore. Bonus - good for washing sports trainers and golf shoes, but take them out to dry!

Thanks FJ but there is a problem. There are no Carrefour in Thailand. Big C bought them out over a year ago and there never has been a Carrefour in the Surin area. So back to the original idea stock up in Bangkok or Pattaya.

Back