New farang hang out in Soi Speed

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Just opened a few days ago. The old Monkey House has new ownership and seems like a decent place for a few brews with the local farangs. Don't know the name of the place yet, but it is right across the soi from Speed 3 in the old infamous Monkey House bar. An Italian man and his lady just opened it. Was told they are working on getting a pool table in. Whilst sat there yesterday afternoon chatting with a couple old friends the music playing was very nice, mainly rock from the 80s. Nice stuff/playlist. Saw a menu as well on a board. Listed lasagna on the menu. Should be good if it is made the Italian owner's way using family recipe. :) I'll be back. Laid back, nice and open seating, full bar it looked to be, good staff and cold brews. Hope it does well. They've just opened a few days ago.

I just wonder how much money was lost in that joint by the last two owners. Good luck. Third time lucky. Is my wish for them.

Quite a bit of baht lost there. I know the original Monkey House owner sued Travis for that stuff that went on there. Don't know if he ever recouped any baht from the lawsuit. He did lose money though by having to close. Whether he made any money selling off the equipment in there or not I don't know. As for the second owner I do think he lost a bundle between that place and the earlier restaurant he opened in the old Sidney Seasons. He got screwed royally.

Back