New Place in the lot next to Hippie Cafe

Seems a new place is being built in that empty lot next to the Hippy Cafe building where the bus used to be. Looks close to completion. Foods and booze, hopefully some live music as well. We will see.
I am sorry @Cent, your news means very little to me. I do not know where the Hippy Cafe is located so the rest of the news is academic.

There ya go. That wasn't so hard was it? Saved a few from walking 300 meters up and down the soi to find the place you went to. :cool:
There are a number of new places having music, at least on the weekends. The place that used to be called 'Cowboy Corner' being one down by the Majestic Apartments or whatever the hotel is called, Fat Boyd's is another that is packed out on the weekends and has live music, Underground is another right by Boyd's as well, plus two or three other new places, though a couple looked closed when I went by them last week in the evening, for some reason. There are others out by the universities by the stadium, an area I have never really wandered around and checked out. More on the klong road, both ends. If you had the time and energy and desire there are plenty of 'Thai' places around outside the Soi Cola and main drag area mostly for the young Thais, not the hi-so or college kids but the working class youngsters to check out as well. My Thai not being that good at all I don't cruise around looking for those places, though you can hear the music as you drive by. A bit more isolated places devoid of farang punters.

We went to that place on the corner and it was very friendly.
Many years ago, I used to drink coffee there and sometimes meet a guy of the same name!!!!

Back