New Sydney Canale

J

johnb

I was sitting in a waiting room on the 4th floor in Ruamphaet Hospital today and from this vantage point could see the Japanese restaurant across the road. There is a new branch of Sydney Seasons which they have called Sydney Canale right next to it.

There are big signs outside saying Pizza, Steak, Salad....so I guess it is the same menu as the original. Has anyone tried it yet?

I was sitting in a waiting room on the 4th floor in Ruamphaet Hospital today and from this vantage point could see the Japanese restaurant across the road. There is a new branch of Sydney Seasons which they have called Sydney Canale right next to it.

There are big signs outside saying Pizza, Steak, Salad....so I guess it is the same menu as the original. Has anyone tried it yet?

Yes, it's the same. I think their old location is closed now.

Steaks look Yummy

Went last night before going to the Wat. First time for me, seemed very professional, I had a Mexican Pizza with Caesar on the side, my wife Tik, had the Salmon salad. Our friends had small pizza between them and two Singha beers ฿1200.

I would go again, going to try their Steak T/Bone or Rib eye next time.

Hope that helps

Zeb ;-)

I'm really pleased to hear they have relocated near the Japanese restaurant. They are a fantastic couple and their food is top notch IMO. The lady was telling me once how much she missed Kraft sliced cheese that she used to have in Oz, she then rushed out back and brought a pack out to share with me. Not really my thing but its the thought that counts.
The parking near they old place could be a bit of a nightmare.

I believe the old location is open and has been re-branded as something like Steak and Vietnamese......I will investigate and report back.

I went past the old Sydney Seasons location this afternoon. It has new signage outside saying "Good Hope - Steak and Vietnamese"

I didn't have time to go inside and look at the menu but there was a daily specials board outside announcing, in Thai and English, " Duck with Orange, Baked spinach with cheese, Up to you Pizza" which I thought looked rather promising, though it was unclear where Vietnam might come into that!

Will try to go and eat there in the coming week but, should any of you beat me to it, look forward to hearing your report.

I'm really pleased to hear they have relocated near the Japanese restaurant. They are a fantastic couple and their food is top notch IMO. The lady was telling me once how much she missed Kraft sliced cheese that she used to have in Oz, she then rushed out back and brought a pack out to share with me. Not really my thing but its the thought that counts.

Kraft slices......

Little things please little minds. :smile:

FB,

The couple that own and run the Japanese restaurant there are also very nice people, down to earth, pleasant to talk to. Just really nice. The wife is a fun and happy lady who is always great to us and friends when we are there. I've been there three times for New Year's Eve with friends and each time it was a blast, good food, great wines, delicious if sneaky hot Sake. Their menu is awesome and the beef teriyaki is delicious. They also have Maine Lobster! Pricey, but excellent. Ask them when the lobster is coming in and reserve a couple for yourself.

They also have a nice inexpensive menu of Japanese sushi and other small plates that make a great breakfast with tea for small money really.

I love their place. Something for everyone, but yes, mainly Japanese, and well done.

Mike

p.s. And I have met the woman who owns and runs Sidney Seasons a few times before. A pleasant, friendly, and charming lady. I wish them luck in their new endeavor.

Was it a real pizza ?

One made with real ingredients made from scratch? Not using a frozen pizza dough from Makro maybe? Real 'home made' pizza sauce, not from a jar from BigC? Imported mozzarella cheese, not that plastic crap some use? Imported Italian pepperoni and salami? Just my idea of what constitutes a 'real' pizza. What is yours?

Yes Mike. Great bunch of folks at the Japanese restaurant.

FB,

The couple that own and run the Japanese restaurant there are also very nice people, down to earth, pleasant to talk to. Just really nice. The wife is a fun and happy lady who is always great to us and friends when we are there. I've been there three times for New Year's Eve with friends and each time it was a blast, good food, great wines, delicious if sneaky hot Sake. Their menu is awesome and the beef teriyaki is delicious. They also have Maine Lobster! Pricey, but excellent. Ask them when the lobster is coming in and reserve a couple for yourself.

They also have a nice inexpensive menu of Japanese sushi and other small plates that make a great breakfast with tea for small money really.

I love their place. Something for everyone, but yes, mainly Japanese, and well done.

Mike

p.s. And I have met the woman who owns and runs Sidney Seasons a few times before. A pleasant, friendly, and charming lady. I wish them luck in their new endeavor.

As I reported earlier in this thread the old Sydney's has re-opened as Good Hope Steak and Vietnamese. I went there last evening for dinner with the wife.

It is almost indistinguishable from the old place....even has the same waitress. The menu is the same with the addition of two or three Vietnamese chicken dishes.

We had bruschetta, pork chop and duck in orange sauce plus a Vietnamese salad. I had two glasses of white wine and the Mrs an iced green tea. We took two Thai dishes home for daughter and grandson. Total bill 1300.

The food was nicely cooked and presented. The salads have always been good there and did not disappoint. Mont Clair at 140 a glass was over-priced.

Tried the steak

Steak tepid, Vegetables dry, Peppercorn sauce thin & watery
and a few French fries. Very disappointed @ 690฿

I hope they take this as constructive criticism because the potential is clearly there.
Good venue, choice of air conditioned restaurant or eating alfresco.

Zeb :-(

Steak tepid, Vegetables dry, Peppercorn sauce thin & watery
and a few French fries. Very disappointed @ 690฿

I hope they take this as constructive criticism because the potential is clearly there.
Good venue, choice of air conditioned restaurant or eating alfresco.

Zeb :-(

At 690 ฿ I am not surprised you were disappointed. I will say if I order hot food I expect hot food to be delivered to the table. All too often the food has been left sitting a round somewhere and almost arrives at the table as an after thought, and cold too! I once ordered a pork steak with pepper sauce, chips and vegetables from a restaurant in Hua Hin. The meal arrived at the table after the other 5 people dinning with me had finished eating. It was stone cold. I declined the meal and sent it back to the kitchen. The staff could not understand why I didn't want it. TIT!

Back