New Traffic System - Monday 7 November

nomad97

Resident Geek
I have received news that there is to be a new traffic system introduced in Surin on Monday, 7 Nov 2016. The main changes seem to be around the school district / small market.

The maps are a little confusing and in Thai but my wife tells me they introduce a one-way system past the small market leading up to Sirindhorn, Anubarnsurin and Mueangsurin schools from 15.00 to 18.00 daily. This will mess up many who come around Sirindhorn School and up the new one-way system to go around the back to get to Mueangsurin and Anubarnsurin schools to collect their children.
Image_b9780a9.jpg
From my own knowledge, you should be aware that the main traffic lights on the 226 leading into town, the ones before the Vocational College, usually manned by a policeman during the morning and evening rush hours, have extended times, (first map, top, 3rd red star from the right). Going into town it is now 46 seconds and coming out of town 90 seconds (previously 30 seconds both ways). Also, the central reservation no longer has a U-turn before the Vocational College - this has been blocked off. There is now an opening in the central reservation outside Anubarnsurin Junior School although as yet this remains closed by ropes and cones. Clearly, some change is coming here before too long.

Map showing the small market (on the left) - no more parking in the center of the road from 15.00 to 18.00 daily or Mon to Fri only?
Image_97c0f00.jpg

Be prepared for much chaos and confusion on Monday! Better still, avoid the area altogether if you are not on the school run to drop off or pickup your children from the schools in question.

Back