No more on line teaching work from China

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Seems a couple months ago China stopped allowing on line English teaching I've been told. Abruptly leaving many English teachers here in Surin without work and income. Many English teachers here were using this work to get by while the schools have been closed due to the covid pandemic. I know of one teacher that has had it with struggling to make ends meet that is moving away after many years here. Back to the homeland to find work and make some decent money. We'll be seeing more of this I believe in the coming few months. And once the temp farang teachers can come back the schools here will hire the cheapest young teachers, not the experienced expat teachers who actually care with families to support and live here full time. Tough times are coming. Tough decisions to be made.

Not directly related to China, but I read yesterday that parents have been looking at the content and marking of what their little darlings are doing on-line and are shocked at its standard. It did however mention that the 'western' teachers are much better at on-line teaching than their Thai colleagues. Maybe this craziness will result in improvements but I won't hold my breath!!!

Yes @Cent. All English training centers in China are closed as is even private tutoring. The reason is truly staggering. There is two parts.
1 China has stuffed up badly with thier one child policy and are looking at a collapse of population in the next 5o years. After a survey revealed what is the number one thing stopping Chinese people now from having more babies is the expence. (Who would of figured?) The same survey found English tutoring was the number one culprit. So it got axed. I kid you not.

2 Anyway falls in with Xi Xi Pings new great leap backwards. Too much west ideology creeping in with learning English.

On a side note. Do you know what else has been banned in China recently. Anything that turns Boys/Men into sissies (That is the word they use. Sissie pants).
All Sissy boy bands are now banned. No more K pop. or Local made copy cats. How would you like that if you are in the music industry.

Playing video games, Children under 18 they have a console that only allows play on weekends for a couple of hours. The lock is facial recognition tied into the social credit system. That is going to cause love for the CCP.

Oh if it sounds wild what I stated earlier in point 1. You can gleam it out here.

China watching is a strange hobby, Not much else to do when you live in a rice field. In midst of a pandemic.

Yes @Cent. All English training centers in China are closed as is even private tutoring. The reason is truly staggering. There is two parts.
1 China has stuffed up badly with thier one child policy and are looking at a collapse of population in the next 5o years. After a survey revealed what is the number one thing stopping Chinese people now from having more babies is the expence. (Who would of figured?) The same survey found English tutoring was the number one culprit. So it got axed. I kid you not.

2 Anyway falls in with Xi Xi Pings new great leap backwards. Too much west ideology creeping in with learning English.

On a side note. Do you know what else has been banned in China recently. Anything that turns Boys/Men into sissies (That is the word they use. Sissie pants).
All Sissy boy bands are now banned. No more K pop. or Local made copy cats. How would you like that if you are in the music industry.

Playing video games, Children under 18 they have a console that only allows play on weekends for a couple of hours. The lock is facial recognition tied into the social credit system. That is going to cause love for the CCP.

Oh if it sounds wild what I stated earlier in point 1. You can gleam it out here.

China watching is a strange hobby, Not much else to do when you live in a rice field. In midst of a pandemic.
I have been doing a lot of China watching and none of it good. Or more so the CCP.

That facial lock with video games is a good idea IMO, or a booster program : the more merits, the more game time ...

***** emoji.jpg

That facial lock with video games is a good idea IMO, or a booster program : the more merits, the more game time ...
555 I knew sombody would say that. Won't it turn kids against the CCP though. All the brainwashing will be undone. The company that makes the money from gamingTencent is going to lose Billions!

Back