No more Out/In stamps on Thai-Cambo border - for anyone

My understanding this includes double and triple tourist visa AND the O-Multy based on marriage.

Misleading headline...

Ranong seems to be issuing stamps as normal and there have been no reports of problems at Surin and Sisaket border checkpoints, despite being on the Thai-Cambodian border.
It appears this ‘crackdown’ or sudden change of policy only affects those border checkpoints in the central region which fall under the jurisdiction of Immigration Division 3. These border checkpoints are also the closest crossings from Bangkok and the Eastern Seaboard - areas where there are large numbers of migrant workers from Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar.

You just have to work with/around the system. I couldn't put it better than this fine fellow:-

khwaibah

• Platinum Member
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 14 minutes ago

Have not seen or heard of any negative actions at the Chong Chom or Cgong Sa Ngom border crossing from Thailand to Cambodia.

On my way now....you should be able to hear it in KC from the border, GL Heard nothing..then all ok!

Enjoy a safe trip , Surin.

Don't forget to drive on the right side of the road. Chokdee5

I have also heard from 2 Falangs who went to the Ban Kruat border market today - that had been closed to Farangs earlier this week.

Post back on your success or better yet give me a call before you leave O'Smach

Drama free on the return leg through Chong Chom, couple of hours ago. Only took 5 minutes to get the family through and the car.

More should enjoy this little oasis only 2 hours away from the border. We took a tuk tuk all around Siem Reap yesterday for a few bucks and the place never ceases to amaze, with all the beautiful gardens, homes, hotels and restaurants. It's not all about Pub street and the temples.

Drama free on the return leg through Chong Chom, couple of hours ago. Only took 5 minutes to get the family through and the car.

More should enjoy this little oasis only 2 hours away from the border. We took a tuk tuk all around Siem Reap yesterday for a few bucks and the place never ceases to amaze, with all the beautiful gardens, homes, hotels and restaurants. It's not all about Pub street and the temples.

Don't tell everybody Robert !! :smile:

Back