Non immigrant OA

bartomeer

Surin Legend
Went yesterday in Belgium to the consulate to renew my non immigrant OA. They tolt me that from the 25th of august the law changed. You only can get one when you are married. As I'm not married they refused to give me one. What are my options now to make a retirement visa if the consulate don't give me a non immigrant anymore.

Benny, just come back to Thailand on a visa exempt...Then you can exit to Savanaket in LAO (spelling) and obtain a single entry 2 month non O and return to Thailand and convert that to an extension based on retirement for one year.... you dont look like 50 years old lol.

Or if you are lucky Thailand may grant you a non O which you can covert to an extension on retirement...but not a given

Strange, an OA from your home country is a retirement visa as you now, nothing to do with being married..sounds like your Thai embassy at home has lost the plot..

But you will need 800k baht in the Thai bank for 3 months to convert your non O over ( the rules say only 2 months seasoning for the first application for extension, but our local jobs worths insist on 3 months }

Or get one of the dodgy ones from pattaya like many do around here..

Last edited:
Went yesterday in Belgium to the consulate to renew my non immigrant OA. They tolt me that from the 25th of august the law changed. You only can get one when you are married. As I'm not married they refused to give me one. What are my options now to make a retirement visa if the consulate don't give me a non immigrant anymore.

Well then, time to get married!

m2y2 is pretty close. There are some things to keep in mind. As said come back on either a visa exempt or a 60 day tourist visa. As long as you have 15 days remaining on your entry Surin Immigration has been converting them over to a single entry 90 day O-visa which you must have to start your retirement extension. Key word HAS. After 2 weeks you go back to SI and collect. If they will not do this then you can go to Bangkok and they will but you will have to return two weeks later to collect. Remember both of these option you will need to show that you have the funds to qualify rather by the bank method or an embassy letter. The Thai Consult in Savannahket for a single entry O-vis for retirement is not an option in my option, there are very few if any successful reports of them issuing this for retirement obtaining a single 90 day for marriage or a O-Multi based on marriage is a cake walk but you have to be legally married. You can get a single entry O-visa for retirement at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane Lao, remember they do require again proof of finical qualification. Take a deep breath and it will all work out.:D

Last edited:
remember they do require again proof of finical qualification. Take a deep breath and it will all work out.:D

Sorry GL, they don't require proof of finical qualification...but my Grandma did. :p

You don't buy the cow when the milk is free.:D

GL: I had more faith in you. You are very married to SWMBO and yet you 'don't buy the cow'
Bullshit mak mak, you not only bought the cow, but the chickens and the ducks and you're looking for the shrimp! You can't tell me that what Coffee is suggesting is actually what you believe, can you?

I'll tell you, Coffee, why anyone would 'go that route'. It's about love and respect and consideration and sharing and spending quality time with each other.
It's about what life and love can give you if you only give it a chance. I understand where you are coming from when you suggest that love doesn't maybe exist for you, but for damn sure it exists for me! Please don't have the ignorance to suggest to others that there is no chance for success here with a lovely Thai wife, because you will be wrong at least some of the time.

Just my humble opinion, and experience...looking forward to 10 year anniversary in 3 months.!!
Mario299

Mario, if you read what I wrote in reply to Nomad's suggestion to the OP...then you might have an understanding as to what my meaning was in that context.

(Give it another try in that context and see if you come away with a renewed understanding.) ;)

Congratulations on ten years and counting. :innocent:

GL: I had more faith in you. You are very married to SWMBO and yet you 'don't buy the cow'
Bullshit mak mak, you not only bought the cow, but the chickens and the ducks and you're looking for the shrimp! You can't tell me that what Coffee is suggesting is actually what you believe, can you?

I'll tell you, Coffee, why anyone would 'go that route'. It's about love and respect and consideration and sharing and spending quality time with each other.
It's about what life and love can give you if you only give it a chance. I understand where you are coming from when you suggest that love doesn't maybe exist for you, but for damn sure it exists for me! Please don't have the ignorance to suggest to others that there is no chance for success here with a lovely Thai wife, because you will be wrong at least some of the time.

Just my humble opinion, and experience...looking forward to 10 year anniversary in 3 months.!!
Mario299

SHIT you have to bring that up. My 10 year is next month..:DBTW its also said that prostitution is a legalized forum of marriage.:cool:

Today I had a conversation with the consul. He reaffirmed to me that not issued the non immigrant OA 1 year multiple entry anymore for non-married persons. He only want to give 6 months tourist visa or non O singel entry for 3 months. So I'm f@ckt now as I'm leaving the 6 oktober and the money have to be 3 months in front on my bank account if I want to make an extention.
Or do accept Kap Choeng 2 months in front for your first extention?

Last edited:

Mario299

Congratulations Mario and Mrs Mario.on your upcoming 10th anniversary. My wife (2nd thai wife) and I have just had our 18th anniversary (of being together), 15 years of marriage coming up in December.

Having been maried 3 times and been in a long, very happy and loving unmarried relationship over many years in-between, I can understand what Coffee is saying. To me marriage (Coffee's "route") is little more than a piece of paper, keeping the wifes family happy (and the governments statistics to some extent). One does not normally enter into marriage unless both are happy and love each other. The day after the event, neither are effectively any happier, but unfortunately usually very much poorer. A relationship, within or without marriage, needs constant attention, must be regularly fine-tuned, and full of respect for each other if it is to last. Just being "married" is insufficient..

We do not celebrate our marriage...we celebrate the anniversary of our first meeting. The actual act of marrying (just the 2 of us down at the amphur) was to facilitate financial stability in the form of widow's pension and state benefits for our children should I die when they were young.. That alone shows love, caring and respect.

Today I had a conversation with the consul. He reaffirmed to me that not issued the non immigrant OA 1 year multiple entry anymore for non-married persons. He only want to give 6 months tourist visa or non O singel entry for 3 months. So I'm f@ckt now as I'm leaving the 6 oktober and the money have to be 3 months in front on my bank account if I want to make an extention.
Or do accept Kap Choeng 2 months in front for your first extention?

The money only has to be in an account 60 days the first time NOT 3 months after the first time then its 90 days. My advice is get the O-visa thats good for 90 days this will give you time to open an account and season your funds for 60 days.

Congratulations Mario and Mrs Mario.on your upcoming 10th anniversary. My wife (2nd thai wife) and I have just had our 18th anniversary (of being together), 15 years of marriage coming up in December.

Having been maried 3 times and been in a long, very happy and loving unmarried relationship over many years in-between, I can understand what Coffee is saying. To me marriage (Coffee's "route") is little more than a piece of paper, keeping the wifes family happy (and the governments statistics to some extent). One does not normally enter into marriage unless both are happy and love each other. The day after the event, neither are effectively any happier, but unfortunately usually very much poorer. A relationship, within or without marriage, needs constant attention, must be regularly fine-tuned, and full of respect for each other if it is to last. Just being "married" is insufficient..

We do not celebrate our marriage...we celebrate the anniversary of our first meeting. The actual act of marrying (just the 2 of us down at the amphur) was to facilitate financial stability in the form of widow's pension and state benefits for our children should I die when they were young.. That alone shows love, caring and respect.

Very nice Nick.

I imagine that giving no credence to the marriage papers allows you to take a liberal view of any vows associated with it! :smiley::):tonguewink:

Specifically Co-co, what vows are stipulated by or within the marriage papers ?

Has anyone ever been through a divorce ?

I can not readily recall a divorce being one of those vows, do you ?

I don't clearly recall..."Through thick or thin, better or worse"...was that it ? :rolleyes:

I am of the opinion that there are no "vows" associated with Thai marriages (but I've only had two).

I've been through two. One in UK in which we split the money equally - Sterling 500,000.00 for her, three and sixpence for me; and one here in Thailand which cost me in the region of Bht 460,000.00.

I can not readily recall a divorce being one of those vows, do you ?

I don't clearly recall..."Through thick or thin, better or worse"...was that it ? :rolleyes:

I think vows are only associated with those that have a church wedding/marriage....Never done that, and twice avoided dowries. :)

Back