Not long now

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Our electric went off c. 0800 this morning. Not unusual but it would be nice to know an estimate of when it would be back up and running. My missis on her way back from town spotted the problem - a couple of collapsed poles where the Company was replacing a transformer. She asked "how long before it's back on?"

"Not long now" they told her!

:anguished:

Last edited:
Spent most of the day watching Bht 20,000 of frozen produce go to ratshit and 8 beers get warm.

Yorky, aren't you glad that you didn't invest in a generator (lol).

Who the F keeps THB 20,000 worth of frozen goods in their Thai home without another source of power ?

Maybe not Bht 20,000 but it looked like I was about to be having 4 gammon steaks, 3 sirloin steaks, 8 chilies, 4 chicken curries, 15 naan breads, 6 bacon sarnies, 48 pork sausages, 4 cod fillets, 4 portions of mushy peas, 25 rotis and warm beer.

Never mind the food, but the beer getting warm - that is terrible news!

All sorted now. Came back on around 16:30. Frozen food still frozen and remaining beer about 6 degC.

That must have been a lifesaver Yorky, I know the feeling getting out of your favorite stuff just when you crave it the most !!!!
And no I'm not talking about that powder some like to put up their noses.

And no I'm not talking about that powder some like to put up their noses.

Snuff?

Back in 2000 I think, the power was off here for 3 days between Christmas and New Year. Unfortunately we were in Cha Am at the time so were not aware of it. What a bloody stinking mess in the fridge/freezer. We had also stocked up on grub from Tesco Lotus in Khorat on the way back but the appliance had to be completely fumigated before we could put anything in it. There was still a slight odour some 2 months later.

Yorky, aren't you glad that you didn't invest in a generator (lol).
Who the F keeps THB 20,000 worth of frozen goods in their Thai home without another source of power ?

I'm thinking of the bar/restaurant owners I know. I don't think any of them have a back-up generator.

Back