O-A Visa Extension

Deerculler

Surin relic
I went to Kap Cheong today to do my O-A Visa Extension.
Went to the Bangkok Bank first to get my letter. No problem.
Then onto the immigration office.
Was meet by a woman officer.
She asked for my wife's ID. Told I did have it. She asked why not. I told I have never been asked for it in the past.
The asked for the registration papers of the house where I live. I told her I did not have. Again asked why not. Gave her the same answer.
She then asked for my wife's phone number. They talked.
She rambled on to me some more.
This all went on for sometime then she asked me for my old passport. She asked again why not. I told her that had not been required in the past.
My wife and I currently live with her sister in her house. I notified Kap Choeng Immigration of my address when I moved into my sister-in-laws house.
My sister-in-law went with me.
After a long time I was told that my wife, sister-in-law and I had to go back next week.
My wife with her ID. My sister-in-law to do the paper work again for me to live in her house.
Myself to get my passport as the boss man was not there to sign it off.
After I left she told my wife not to just turn up at the office.
That they would phone and give a appointment day and time next week
She would not answer anything I asked her. I was there to answer her questions and not for me to ask her.
I have always found Kap Cheong very good.
Not this time.
I did not see any of the old staff there.
Maybe the agent is the way to go. Even though it costs.

DC, I'm not questioning or commenting on how you were treated.

Other than the B800,000 seasoned/ (or monthly pension) letter from the bank what exactly did you bring for Immigration to review for renewing your Long-Term Visa based on Retirement ?

Who is acting as your "Thai Guarantor" for your application ?

Other than the B800,000 seasoned/ (or monthly pension) letter from the bank what exactly did you bring for Immigration to review for renewing your Long-Term Visa based on Retirement ?

I usually take everything that I have. However, last time they wanted something I didn't have - a bank statement for the last three months.

Terminology @Coffee, it is not a renewal of one's Long Term Visa, it is an Extension of Temporary Stay.

Also, a Thai Guarantor, that's a new one on me? There is no signature block on the form TM 7, 'APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM', for a Thai Guarantor. There are only two signatures, one for the applicant and the other for the writer of the form, i.e. usually the applicant.

It's fair to say that my wife (as a landlord) does sign a form to certify that I reside in her house. However, I am not aware that she acts as my Guarantor for the extension of stay.

The TM 7 application form can be found here, https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/simple-file-list2/form-download/1486547929418.pdf

Last edited:

Is @Deerculler applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage or retirement? The requirements are not the same.

Also, a Thai Guarantor, that's a new one on me?
It's fair to say that my wife (as a landlord) does sign a form to certify that I reside in her house. However, I am not aware that she acts as my Guarantor for the extension of stay.

Really ? Think really hard about it.

Do you ever notice that they rarely speak with you at Thai Imm during the extension process (or any process)...as you're constantly wondering what the conversation is about.

Why do they REALLY require HER Thai ID ?

Do you have a Yellow Book ?

Do you ever notice that they rarely speak with you at Thai Imm during the extension process (or any process)...as you're constantly wondering what the conversation is about.

There is not only the TM7 form to complete. There are a plethora of forms to complete to back up the TM7. A plethora that appears to increase in number every year. Does anyone in here know what all these forms say? Why they are required? Some have to be signed by you, some by your wife/partner, some by both. Half of them don't even appear to be official documents.

Edit: My extension is based upon retirement.

Concur. (Thumbs up.)

Keep well in mind it is only an extension once it is granted.

If @Deerculler is staying in his sister-in-law's house, he would not have a Yellow House book, would he? As to why they need to see his wife's ID card, I really don't know. Yes, they need to see his sister-in-law's ID card because she is also his landlord.

Assuming @Deerculler has not recently returned to Thailand from overseas, and Covid-19 restriction on travels suggests he has not, his O-A visa was issued previously, maybe several years ago. Logically, it can only be an extension.

Coffee,
I do my extension based on income and letter from the NZ Embassy confirming my income. I do the letter from the bank because sometimes it has been asked so I just do it now.
The paper work is a TM 7. Photos of pages of all the in my passport and map of where I live.
The same as I have done for the last 11 years

I have a yellow house book. It is my second. yellow book. I already said it was O-A extension
Wife's ID was a new one.

My sister-in-law had already been to Kap Cheong to notify them that I was living in her house.

I asked and she just told me she wanted to speak with my wife on the phone.
My old passport she did not reply when I asked
I did exactly the same paper work as previous years.

The extension stamp is already in my Passport.
She told my wife all was okay.

But because the boss was not there to sign it off I have to go back next week and collect my Passport.
I would recommend anyone going there to phone and check to see if the boss is there before you go.

I signed some papers that I understood what would happen if I was a naughty boy.
I have told what happen so that anyone going there are aware that the different staff have some different ideas.

I have a yellow house book. It is my second. yellow book. I already said it was O-A extension
Wife's ID was a new one.

My sister-in-law had already been to Kap Cheong to notify them that I was living in her house.

I asked and she just told me she wanted to speak with my wife on the phone.
My old passport she did not reply when I asked
I did exactly the same paper work as previous years.

The extension stamp is already in my Passport.
She told my wife all was okay.

But because the boss was not there to sign it off I have to go back next week and collect my Passport.
I would recommend anyone going there to phone and check to see if the boss is there before you go.

I signed some papers that I understood what would happen if I was a naughty boy.
I have told what happen so that anyone going there are aware that the different staff have some different ideas.

Ahh...that makes me feel much more comfortable, DC.
I don't believe you will have any problem when your Mrs joins you at the given time of appointment.

DC, is your second Yellow Book for your S-I-L's house address ?

Continued best wishes and stay well.

So they kept your passport??.
Is that not illegal???
Dave, I think it is illegal.
The reason she kept my passport was that the boss man was not there to sign off my extension. That has to be done first. She did a few things wrong.
She had no reason to ask for my old passport. My wife's ID or for the paper work on my sister-in-laws address when they had that. Or to tell my my wife and sister-inlaw to go to immigration.
I had and did everything that was required.
She was being really obnoxious for some reason.
I was pleasant and respectful the whole time. That was not easy to do.
When I was a Corrections Officer. Woman were eventually allowed to work in the male prisons.
Put a uniform on a woman and give her some power and authority. They change into real bitches.
She ask me if I was alone. I said a friend w.
It was a order. Not a request.

Ahh...that makes me feel much more comfortable, DC.
I don't believe you will have any problem when your Mrs joins you at the given time of appointment.

DC, is your second Yellow Book for your S-I-L's house address ?

Continued best wishes and stay well.
Coffee. I offered the yellow book to her. She did not take it and look.

Dave, I think it is illegal.
The reason she kept my passport was that the boss man was not there to sign off my extension. That has to be done first. She did a few things wrong.
She had no reason to ask for my old passport. My wife's ID or for the paper work on my sister-in-laws address when they had that. Or to tell my my wife and sister-inlaw to go to immigration.
I had and did everything that was required.
She was being really obnoxious for some reason.
I was pleasant and respectful the whole time. That was not easy to do.
When I was a Corrections Officer. Woman were eventually allowed to work in the male prisons.
Put a uniform on a woman and give her some power and authority. They change into real bitches.
She ask me if I was alone. I said a friend w.
It was a order. Not a request.
Just a CNT. I know the CNT and it is ILLEGAL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back